Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay my credit cards anymore do to legal fees and and custody

tag
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Can't pay my credit cards anymore do to legal fees and and custody

Recently my wife and I have taking custody of her two brothers because of substance abuse in the home. after the legal retainers the emergency custody paperwork and court fees on top of buying them new clothes new shoes new beds because their mother will not allow us to get it from there the residence.

I have ran into a financial wall there's no way possible for me to keep up. we are trying so hard to keep the normal day-to-day activities of the kids making sure they have what they need. for you those of you who have been in this type of situation how do you go about talking to your credit card companies in letting them know there is no money to be had?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Can't pay my credit cards anymore do to legal fees and and custody

Bless you and your wife for doing a very good deed!!!!! I would call the creditors and see if they can or will allow atleast 1 month to be deferred. 

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can't pay my credit cards anymore do to legal fees and and custody

This is a duplicate ~ locking thread and directing others here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/next-month-I-can-t-pay-credit-cards-due-to-legal-fees-w...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.