Valued Contributor

Re: Canceled Car Reaffirmation after 7 months Payments back?

vtguy25 wrote:

When I reaffirmed my car I had to have a special hearing in front of a judge and she had to review it and sign off on it.  This was seperate from my 341 meeting and the trustee was never involved in my reaffirmation hearing.  So this sounds correct and that your not on the hook with the car.  And by the sounds of it your lender never received it or they prob would have given you access to your account after discharge.  This is what happened with me with santander consumer.

Were you represented by a bankruptcy attorney?

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member

Re: Canceled Car Reaffirmation after 7 months Payments back?

I can confirm in VA they require a hearing for a reaffirmation in most cases . A judge reviews your financial stituation and will make a determination if it is in your best intrest and confirms you understand what it means to do so.    I had to have one even with an attorney.  My attorney did sign off on the paperwork as well, and after the court date the judge issued an order approving the reaffirmation agreement.     When I was in court I saw a mix of mortage and auto reaffirmations approved and denied. 

The denied ones were informed of the "pay to stay \ ride through" processes as well.  

CH7 Discharged 5/30/2014
Starting: 555 EQ 5/2014 (581 TU 8/2014 606 EX 8/2014) (all myFICO)
Current: 660 EQ 11/2014 636 TU 1/2015 647 EX 1/2015 (all myFICO)
Goal: 700+

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.