cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled Car Reaffirmation after 7 months Payments back?

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Canceled Car Reaffirmation after 7 months Payments back?

@vtguy25 wrote:

When I reaffirmed my car I had to have a special hearing in front of a judge and she had to review it and sign off on it.  This was seperate from my 341 meeting and the trustee was never involved in my reaffirmation hearing.  So this sounds correct and that your not on the hook with the car.  And by the sounds of it your lender never received it or they prob would have given you access to your account after discharge.  This is what happened with me with santander consumer.

Were you represented by a bankruptcy attorney?

Message 11 of 12
john99c
Established Member

Re: Canceled Car Reaffirmation after 7 months Payments back?

I can confirm in VA they require a hearing for a reaffirmation in most cases . A judge reviews your financial stituation and will make a determination if it is in your best intrest and confirms you understand what it means to do so.    I had to have one even with an attorney.  My attorney did sign off on the paperwork as well, and after the court date the judge issued an order approving the reaffirmation agreement.     When I was in court I saw a mix of mortage and auto reaffirmations approved and denied. 

The denied ones were informed of the "pay to stay \ ride through" processes as well.  

CH7 Discharged 5/30/2014
Starting: 555 EQ 5/2014 myFico (EX 550, TU 440 6/14 (CU Pull))
Current: 687 EQ 4/2015 652 TU 4/2015 668 EX 5/2015 (all myFICO)
Goal: 700+
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.