Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 pre approvals after bk7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 pre approvals after bk7

• Had 341 meeting on 2/8/16, so discharge will be 4/8/16.

I've tried the cap 1 pre approvals for card, and auto financing with zero luck so far. Card says can not match me up to a pre-approved offer, and auto financing says something like a cap 1 delinquency (sorry don't remember exact wording). I did burn cap 1 for approx $440 and it's already been removed from credit report like. 

Will this change after my discharge date? Am I trying too soon? Help! 

Pizza

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 pre approvals after bk7

Definately wait until after discharge before applying for anything.  When my CH13 discharged, it was a week or 2 before the Cap One prequal site went from "couldnt' find an offer" to "we think you like this".  Just remember, once you do get an offer, you can apply for 2 Cap Ones cards the same day with only one hard credit pull.  If you apply for the 2nd card the next day, it'll be another hard pull.

Message 2 of 8
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Also be aware that applying for 2 cards at the same time will most likely trigger a fraud alert to Cap1.. don't be surprised when they hold your accounts for verification.  (It's not too big of a deal, but they'll start calling every number you've ever been associated with and mail letters to all your old addresses, regardless of whether or not you still live there.)

Message 3 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

Also be aware that applying for 2 cards at the same time will most likely trigger a fraud alert to Cap1.. don't be surprised when they hold your accounts for verification.  (It's not too big of a deal, but they'll start calling every number you've ever been associated with and mail letters to all your old addresses, regardless of whether or not you still live there.)

I wonder how many people have experienced this besides you? Anyone else? I don't see this often on the boards

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taoron wrote:

I haven't heard of this happening on here before.  I applied for 2 different Cap One cards the same day (a few hours apart) with no issues or 2 hard pull of credit.

Message 5 of 8
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Taoron wrote:

I wonder how many people have experienced this besides you? Anyone else? I don't see this often on the boards

It's possible that it was because I moved a few times and also have a PO Box.  They were sending mail to my mom and calling her phone number, my landlord's phone number.  It was truly rediculous.   I got to listen to their voicemail, they left personal information on a phone number I had never listed nor have I ever owned.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did all of mine online without a hitch.

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Taoron wrote:

It's possible that it was because I moved a few times and also have a PO Box.  They were sending mail to my mom and calling her phone number, my landlord's phone number.  It was truly rediculous.   I got to listen to their voicemail, they left personal information on a phone number I had never listed nor have I ever owned.

Wow!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.