Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1

We burned Cap one for $3000 in our BK that was discharged in July & we can't get back in with them.  Just opened a savings account with them.  Anyone think this may increase our chances getting back in with their credit cards in a few months?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1

Wait a few more months and you will be approved for QS1 and Platinum with at least 300$ credit lines. Check the pre qualifier everyday. It will pop for you!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes Cap1 can take some time. The CapitalOne360 accounts are pretty awesome though. Eventually they will let you back in. Just be patient.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue I burn them for 400 that was the balance at the time my discharge was in June and still no luck.
Message 4 of 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

Give them some time.  They will eventually let you back in with them.  It took me about 4 months to get back in with them.  They are one of the most forgiving lenders I know. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 13
MattP2144
New Contributor

its been 6 months for me, and they still wont let me back in.... they hate me.. I was able to get approved for a lease through GM, and personal loan through a credit union, and credit one, and milestone but no capital one... i also got approved for a kohls, which is by capital one. So i dont know why capital one wont just let me in the door again...

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway..... Did you wait to see a offer
On the pre-qualifier or did it not give you one but still applied?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@matt.... Did you burn GM in your bk?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned them in 2011 for about $900 dollars in BK7. In 2012 I started with a secured card with them, I've also had a checking account with them since around 2008. Now I have a QS1 4k, QS 3k, V One 7.5k, and Venture 10k. Definitely possible to get back in with them. Just keep checking pre quals or start wtih a secured card. Once you show responsible use they will certianly reward you. Best of luck!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattP2144 wrote:

its been 6 months for me, and they still wont let me back in.... they hate me.. I was able to get approved for a lease through GM, and personal loan through a credit union, and credit one, and milestone but no capital one... i also got approved for a kohls, which is by capital one. So i dont know why capital one wont just let me in the door again...

I'm at 6 months also and nothing for me as well. I have a $1500 Credit One, a $700 Merrick (going to $1400 before the end of the year) and a $300 Target Red Card. My scores are all mid 600s again and I'm keeping my utilization in check. I'm expecting some decent limits when I'm off this automatic decline and CapOne finally looks at me again. Be patient Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.