cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1...Included or Not? I can't tell....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1...Included or Not? I can't tell....

Weird question....but I'm just trying to plot out my rebuild and need to know. 

Filed BK 8/10/16, 341 meeting on 9/13/16, awaiting discharge (last day for objections was yesterday 11/14) 

Previously had a secured card w/ Cap1 that I paid and closed several months before filing. Attorney took my credit reports and included everything that was on there in the list of creditors. Cap1 was included since they had a trade line. 

While I didn't have an *open account* or an *account that burned them*, do you think they are going to decline an app based on just being listed? Anyone else have an experience like this? 

Thx in advance! 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1...Included or Not? I can't tell....

You could always call Cap One. I believe from reading through the forum that someone else didn't cause Cap One a loss, they applied but had to recon and then it was a manual override since they had to tell the system it was Ok.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarleyGirl thanks for the info! Is there a special dept to call or just reg customer service!

PS just got discharged today! Smiley Happy WOOP

Message 3 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous thanks for the info! Is there a special dept to call or just reg customer service!

PS just got discharged today! Smiley Happy WOOP

Since you are now discharged I would just apply for a card with Cap1 Smiley Happy I am always the bad influence it seems

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird question....but I'm just trying to plot out my rebuild and need to know. 

Filed BK 8/10/16, 341 meeting on 9/13/16, awaiting discharge (last day for objections was yesterday 11/14) 

Previously had a secured card w/ Cap1 that I paid and closed several months before filing. Attorney took my credit reports and included everything that was on there in the list of creditors. Cap1 was included since they had a trade line. They are not going to include a creditor of a paid, closed account.

While I didn't have an *open account* or an *account that burned them*, do you think they are going to decline an app based on just being listed? Anyone else have an experience like this? 

Thx in advance! 

No, there is no charge off and no reason to auto-deny. Many people have gotten Cap One right out of discharge, so the BK itself is not going to spook them. Apply.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait until after I get my reports cleaned up to apply? Instinct says yes, but your experience might say otherwise? 

Message 6 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I wait until after I get my reports cleaned up to apply? Instinct says yes, but your experience might say otherwise? 

Yes, you should make sure everything is reporting IIB and has a $0 bal. You could check the Cap1 pre-qual to see if anything shows though.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys...just getting back with some good news! 

Apparently today 2 bureaus updated with all balances 0 and IIB....so I thought I'd poke around and see if the Cap1 prequalify worked. Was prequal for platinum and Quicksilver rewards - app'd for both because I knew they'd be the same pull and only got the QS1!

Also of note, in my online account it shows my old card as closed/paid etc. Any suggestions on moving forward? I was wondering why I wouldn't get the 2 cards like most do but maybe it's because I got put on credit steps? (IDK how to tell if I did, but I got a $300 limit)

Thx for all your help! 

Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

The days of a 2 for 1 with Cap1 have ended I beleive. That's great news you were approved Smiley Happy Yes, you will be in credit steps

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.