Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance (after Bk?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance (after Bk?)

Anyone applied and approved for a car loan with Capital One Auto Finance, right after discharge? Did you wait a few months after discharge? What was your credit score when applied?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Finance (after Bk?)

We applied about 6mos post discharge. Our scores were in the mid-600s. We were approved for as low as 6.95. However, we found a car that did not qualify, it had over 100,000 miles. We still ended up being approved by Cap1, just not using what I had set up before we went to the dealer. They got us approved at the dealership. Our rate on a 2007 car is 9.63%, so not feeling too bad about it.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our discharge came through in August and we were just recently approved through Cap One Auto Navigator online.  They gave me a range of 6.95-10%.  The range can vary due to the car and terms.  Our credit scores are mid-500's.  I am going back and forth with a dealer about a car now, the dealer financing came back at about 7.8% but I am still going to see if, based on the car, Cap One will come back below.  The dealer doesn't really seem to understand much about Cap One Auto Navigator, and same with another dealer I went to.  Which is frustrating, because I find myself going back and forth between dealer & Cap One to figure it all out.  But anyway - good luck to you!  

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did prior to discharging of bankruptcy and I got slapped with a 24% interest. I would say wait as long as you possibly post bankrupty.

I am currently 1 year and 4 months into loan and have paid very little of principal which is why I have decided to put away roughly 12K to get from under car and trade it in to get a better interest rate because my credit and financial situation are in much better terms.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied 2 weeks post Ch 13 discharge. Got a new car at 4.15% with a 624 score. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats!!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the capital One prequal site and they qualifid me for up to $34k with an APR range of 6.95-14.59%, depending on cost, age, miles. My household is going to need a second car in the near future (kept my current car w/o reaffirming, but am and will stay current on the payments). Scores on myfico are reporting 631/616/634. I waited until my DC was showing on my record and per the Capital one site, when you do the prequal, it doesn't do a HP, but I did see an alert for an Identity validation on CCT. Not really sure what that affects, if anything though. My goal is to try and wait as long as possible to buy right before the end of the year to take advantage of dealers trying to make last minute sales.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amberlina202: CapOne did the ID validation when I applied, too. But they did a HP at time of sale.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried the auto pre-qualify and, surprisingly, I wasn't given an offer. Anyone know what in particular they're looking for? My rebuild has been solid, so far, income is fine, scores ok.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@700in2015: Do you have a CC with them? If not, it may help.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.