Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance

tag
Kaydee84
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

I wish I knew the answer to that question. My husband was coming up on 1 year post charge off. He is less than 2 weeks away but got preapproved on Friday. We just bought a car with that pre approval yesterday. Prior to that, he was checking multiple times a week for a preapproval and was getting declined. All of a sudden one came through.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

Mine was discharged in late May.  I had credit cards with capital one that were discharged as well.  I waited about 4 weeks to give time for everything to get put into the bureaus.  Fortunately, my credit score was close to 600 after the discharge and waiting 4 weeks, they did pre-approve me.  I picked out my car and went to the dealership.  My final interest rate was slightly higher then I was originally quoted, but still better then I thought it would be.  So, although they will do financing soon after a bankruptcy discharge, I think they still look at your overall credit score.  So, I would give it a little more time if I were you.  Monitor your scores closely and make sure everyone updates your credit.  Good luck.  Also, shockingly, Capital One gave me a credit card already with a $2,000 credit limit.  It's going in my safe for emergencies.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.