Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Loan 2 months post discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Loan 2 months post discharge

I just got a Capital One auto loan approved and I wanted your input to see if I should still shop around or if this is about as good as I am going to get.

I was approved for up to 40,000 which I would never use.

36 months @ 4.5 %

60 months @ 9.59%

72 months + @ 13.59%

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Loan 2 months post discharge

It is certainly not the worst we have seen, but, there "may" be opportunity to do better.

Are you a member of any credit unions?  Sometimes, a dealer may be abe to beat that as well.  Just food for thought.

Worst case - you get it, then refinance in 6-12 months.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth I was in the same position due to a car accident and I definitely did my best through Capitol One, I ended up at 5.4 percent, 60 months with no money down.  I was ecstatic.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it for 72 months at 10.1. Not sure why they changed but the shorter options weren't available anymore. Oh well, now time to surrender my other vehicle
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 days post bankruptcy I received a Cap One prequalification for $35k with 2.35-12% interest. I went to the dealer the next day and was able to buy a $32k 2015 Expedition with $0 down at 8%. The dealer tried to beat it however given the bankruptcy they were unable to. I could not be happier with the deal I got given that it was only 9 days post discharge. My plan is to pay on time and try to refinance in 6 months or so. 

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
JPerk
Established Member

Love reading these kind of success stories! Really giving me some hope once my Ch13 finally dischages. Need an updated vehicle soon!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.