Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Blacklist

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Blacklist

When my bk was discharged, I was declined as well no hp.  Too many debt obligations with them is what I got as well as the denial reasons.  Although I obtained a secured card from my cu and open a couple other lines of credit.  I gave it about 4 months and I was approved for the Platinum and QS1.  About two months later I went and applied for the Sony card and I was approved as well.  Give them some time and they will let you back in.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

When my bk was discharged, I was declined as well no hp.  Too many debt obligations with them is what I got as well as the denial reasons.  Although I obtained a secured card from my cu and open a couple other lines of credit.  I gave it about 4 months and I was approved for the Platinum and QS1.  About two months later I went and applied for the Sony card and I was approved as well.  Give them some time and they will let you back in.

This is what I wanted to hear. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Capital One in my Chapter 13 in 2008. Five years later I held my breath and applied for a secured card that I still have. This past week seven years out I was approved for a Quicksilver for 5000 and a Venture for 15,000. It can happen, but perhaps not fast. I was shocked with their approval. I wonder now about Chase and have already heard about AmX. Good Luck and don't give up!

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/13-FICO: EQ - 764; TU - 717; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You applied for credit way too soon and by doing so, the lenders see you as desperate.  

CH 7 discharged in 10/2010 - I too burned Capital One and Chase.  Applied for HSBC after 6 months and approved, Capital One then bought my HSBC card and became Capital One Quicksilver One.  Applied for Capital One Quicksilver and Barclay NFL and appoved, also after 6 months of CH 7.

Now, what you need to do/can do is set up all your bills to come out of your credit cards (make sure to pay in full every month) to start building payment history.  Set up bills such us Netflix, Cox, water bill, cellphone etc.  Wait 5 years after CH 7 (like i did) and if you've been good paying ontime, you shouldn't have problem getting arppoved for other cards. I recently got approved for the Capital One Venture with $15K CL and Chase Sapphire with $5K CL...remember, after you build a good history.  I was tempted many many times but you just have to wait :-)

Good luck!

Message 14 of 16
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

I had a Capital One account when I was 18 and never paid it and it got charged off ($800 I think). A few years later I got an Orchard Bank account that got transfered to Capital One that I paid on time until I had to file for bankruptcy. I burned Capital One for $150 - $200. I got denied right after BK without a credit pull and I just applied a month or two ago(six months after discharge) and I got denied without a credit check. So I guess it depends on the person. I started off with a Credit One card and just charge MyFico membership to it. Six months after discharge I applied for Barclay 's and got approved so I switched my membership over to that account. I might try Discover after one year after discharge when I cancel Credit One.

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's probably why, maybe burning them twice is not tolerated lol...who knows, maybe a few years down the road when you establish good credit they'll give you a card again.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.