Frequent Contributor
grassfeeder

Re: Capital One Credit Card After Bankruptcy

I have absolutely no data to back this up - but perhaps it may make a difference as to how much your balance was that you included in your BK with C1?

I could see them not being to willing to lend a hand if you had a 30k balance when filing versus a 300........

5/12- EQ FICO - 508 / TU FICO - 490 / EX FAKO - 550 Ch. 7 BK - 7/12 (discharge 10/12)
4/14 - EQ FICO 651 / TU FICO - 636 / EX FICO - 654

NFCU cashRewards $10,000 - NFCU Flagship Visa $8,000 - First Tech C.U. Cash Rewards $5,000 - Barclays Apple Card $2,000 - JCrew $650
In the garden starting 3/1/14 till ???
Established Member
polarbeardad

Thanks for the advice. I bit the bullet and went for it after checking the preapproval form online, Got approved for a cash rewards card with $1,000 limit. These forum is full of great advice, by paying off my cards last month was able to get approved for a number of offers just 18 months post bankruptcy. I am now planning to move into the garden to grow my little seedlings and work on getting a few errors cleaned off my reports. Thanks one and all for all the great advice.

patrick74

OMG! i thought i was the only one they did that too!  i discharged a chapter 7 in Feb 2005 and not even 3 months later...A capital one card showed up in the mail!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+