Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Card Approval

Hello folks, just thought Id give you a heads up on BK friendly credit cards. I applied online and got approved $500 limit unsecured Capital One Platinum Master card. I am 3 months out of chapter 7 bk. Credit score is 605 Transunion on Credit Karma, no collections. I am following a plan I found on this forum to build my credit score to a 700 in 24 months. So far I have obtained a car loan with 4.74% interest rate, 0 down 63 months through Service CU, and a military star card with a limit of 3500, 10% fixed rate. Right out of bk my credit score was 540. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Card Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello folks, just thought Id give you a heads up on BK friendly credit cards. I applied online and got approved $500 limit unsecured Capital One Platinum Master card. I am 3 months out of chapter 7 bk. Credit score is 605 Transunion on Credit Karma, no collections. I am following a plan I found on this forum to build my credit score to a 700 in 24 months. So far I have obtained a car loan with 4.74% interest rate, 0 down 63 months through Service CU, and a military star card with a limit of 3500, 10% fixed rate. Right out of bk my credit score was 540. 

WHOA! Congrats! Sorry I seem so amazed but this is all new to me. You got a car loan for 4.74% wow I need that. I burned the Star Card in my BK so i'm a little nervous to know if they will welcome me back or not...

Message 2 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Same here about star card.

Message 3 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you burn star card in your bk? what was the max about service credit union would allow you to finance for your auto loan?

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Awesome!

I was BK less than 3 years ago and Cap One has treated me like a king!

Stay loyal and smart and they will reward you!

I just got a car loan from them at 2.49% for 72 months !!!

See my signature - less than 3 years!

Hang in there and be really really careful!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 6
Dereckdarell

Try Capital One Pre qual for Auto Loan, same as CC, i applied on March and got approved at 3.96% with 596 on TU!!! Should try!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.