cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Great after Bankruptcy..!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Great after Bankruptcy..!

@JMMD wrote:

I am stunned! I went ahead and applied for the Capital One Platinum and got aproved for $3K! We were discharged in 2012 and have been slowly rebuilding. WOW!

I was discharged in June 2014 and I have a QS Signature 3000 and Venture 10,000 already. I was also stuck on my sony card at 500 and hit the luv button and increase of 1000!

Message 11 of 13
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Keep it up

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined this site today! Just got approved a Capital One Venture Visa today with a 15K limit! I'm excited as I am 3 years, 9 months from discharge of chapter 7 bankruptcy (Dec 2012). Before this, I waited 6 months before cosigning for my son for 15K car loan and was approved with high interest rate (13%). Then 14 months after discharge, I applied for Capital One Platinum and was approved and received a 750 limit. I then applied for Barclay card and received a 900 limit. 20 months after discharge, I applied for a Carnival card (Barclay) and received a 3000 limit. By this time, Capital One had upgraded me to Quicksilver (3200 cl) and Barclay to 1900. In July 2014, I obtained a Lexus car loan of 43k at 0.9%. Since then, I hadn't applied for anything else. About 3 months ago, Carnival raised my cl to 5200 without me even asking. I had attempted 3 times to raise Quicksilver from 3000 but they never did....as recently as one week ago. So, I took a chance and applied for Venture and got the 15K limit! Doesn't make sense, but not complaining! Current scores: Trans-748, Equifax-752....from creditkarma. Very low to zero utilization as I pay off as soon as transactions post. Hard inquiries : Trans 2, Equifax 0. Discoverscorecard: 674 (Fico). In three months, I will apply for the Chase rewards card...I think this will be harder to get. Capital One is awesome after bankruptcy. ...assuming your credit numbers (utilization, inquiries, no late pays, etc) continually improve. There is life after bankruptcy!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.