Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One IIB - changed reporting status to Charge Off/collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One IIB - changed reporting status to Charge Off/collection

I am sooooooooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am in a current Chapter 13 and all of my accounts were reporting correctly as IIB.  I looked at my scores a month or so ago and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were EQ: 595, TU:  612 and EX:  602.  Well, on yesterday, I received a Score Watch alert that my EQ had dropped by 32 points!  I was soooo upset!!!!  On April 18, 2008, my Trustee's office inadvertently sent an order of dismissal for non-pay.  I got the order in the mail, panicked and called the next day.  They told me they were "sorry" it was a mix up and my case was in a "stack" of dismissals and shouldn't have been.  They then issued an order REVOKING the dismissal.  But a whole week had gone by and all of my credtors in the meantime had received the DISMISSAL order and thought I was fair game again.  I started receiving notices from collection agencies, etc.  I wrote letters to them with a copy of the order REVOKING the dismissal and asked them to please change the status BACK to IIB.  Well, it appears that Cap 1 changed me from IIB to Bad Debt; Placed for collection; Charge off account; Account closed by credit grantor.  I have two accounts with them IIB and I wrote a letter for each and attached a copy of the order revoking the erroneous dismissal.  I called the Trustee's office and was curtly told that just like the original dismissal order had been distrubuted to my creditors, then so would the order revoking it.  I am so angry that this clerk, sitting behind her desk has caused me a -32 point drop and acts like it's no big deal.  I'm hoping that Cap 1 will change it ASAP and I'll gain my points back.  FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One IIB - changed reporting status to Charge Off/collection

Unfortunately, I understand your frustration but all you can do for now is wait. Once the mistake has been corrected, your scores should rise. Stay on top of it though.

Best wishes!
Message 2 of 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One IIB - changed reporting status to Charge Off/collection

have you had trouble with Experian getting it to state IIB.  I also am in a chapter 13 and was rudely told by one of the customer service reps that because it wasn't discharged yet all past due amounts had to be reported instead of resetting to zero.  My experian score is in the tank as a result.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.