Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Message 10 months out post discharge

tag
MattP2144
New Contributor

Capital One Message 10 months out post discharge

I did the prequalify and it said no cards found, so i decided to try and apply for like the 5th time. i usually get the auto decline with no credit pull, however i got this message this time:  

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One credit card.

We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application.

Questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions.

Please do not hit your browser's Back button.

has anyone gotten this message and if so is it usually still a decline? THis is the first time i got this message... any info would help thanks guys.... 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Message 10 months out post discharge

Last night just for the hell of it. I did the pre approved thing and said no cards. I just got 3 cards 1 month apart starting in Jan up until last month. So I dont want to say you'll be ok or not. But there was a system maintenance on their site recently. Maybe you tried when that was going on.  Best of luck either way.

Message 2 of 13
MattP2144
New Contributor

I just applied today... so i dont know... 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied Monday and got the same message. I just called to check the status and I was approved for my card!
Message 4 of 13
MattP2144
New Contributor

what number did you call to find out if you got approved? It was weird because shortly after they called me to verify i applied for the card and asked a couple fraud questions, then i asked if they had a decision he said oh no that he was just the fraud department that i would have to wait 7-10 days... 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-800-903-9177. I called and verified Monday and I called them back today
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah same thing happened to me. Wait 48 hours and call them. Happened on both of mine and both were approved.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. I would call and try to see where the applications are. Sounds like you are off the blacklist, so that's a start.

Message 8 of 13
MattP2144
New Contributor

So I called the number... and i was approved so its 10 months it took me to get back in i tried all the time atleast 1-2 times a week. they gave me a 3000 dollar limit. I really want to try for the venture card now. anyone else try for two cards right away and  get them? 

Message 9 of 13
MattP2144
New Contributor

so weird i got the quicksilver one with a 3k limit when i called the number to check the status they said i was approved. i decided to try to app for a second one since so many people usually have sucess with getting two capital one cards. so i just tried for the regular platinum one, and i got an auto denial no credit pull ... so maybe it was a glitch that i got in on the first one... ?????

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.