Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Prequal Site(s) | Credit Freeze

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Prequal Site(s) | Credit Freeze

So I have been submitting my info on both Capital One's auto and credit card prequal sites.

I got a letter back from the auto loan division saying the reason they could not approve me is because I have a freeze on my credit report(s).  Also, the other day on the credit card prequal site after the boilerplate "sorry, we can't offer any cards to you" there was a message that said, "are you sure you don't have your credit reports frozen?"

I did put a freeze on my credit report years ago because 1) in the late 90s, someone did steal my identity to steal money out of my bank account and then 2) in 2009 someone filed a tax return in my name to get a refund.  I froze my credit as a precaution since they obviously had my info.  

But years ago, I removed all the freezes.  I recently went back online to try and remove the freezes again and each site confirms that I don't have a freeze.  I've also called all 3 bureaus and confirmed that I don't have any freeze in place.

When I called Cap1 - they won't tell me which credit agency has the freeze.  

For reference - the Credit One site allowed me to do the prequal.

Is there anything I can do, short of a hard pull?  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
OaimeeO
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Prequal Site(s) | Credit Freeze

I am not sure why, but this is happening with my husband's capital one account as well. He has been able to receive periodic increases to his credit limit via the luv button, however he recently tried a CLI and he was declined. We weren't sure why since his account is still in good standing so I tried the online chat and was told one of his credit reports has a freeze on it and they cannot provide a CLI until we remove the freeze. I checked all three and there are no freezes. Not sure if it is a glitch on cap one's part but I'd be happy to hear someone elses input!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.