Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and a data point

tag
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Capital One and a data point

Way too many times we discussed here about CO blacklist. I have been applying for a credit card with them for the past 9 months post discharge and nothing, same with auto Navigator.

Today I tried the auto Navigator and I was approved, this means that the doors opened again at 10 months post discharge and 13 months post filed.

This seems to indicate that if you, like me, were current with CAP 1 when you file, that's what they use as the date they charged off the account.

The assumption then is a year post file and no post discharge for blacklist purposes.

I only need to apply for a card, just don't want to do it yet.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nomadicpixie
Valued Member

Re: Capital One and a data point

Thank you for the data point. It seems to be pretty consistent with those of us who were current at filing. Sounds like one year from filing, which would be the first "delinquent"? I have to assume that many people who get in earlier must have been further delinquent. That is personally frustrating as I struggled to keep current with them, and I would have been better off if I'd just let them go. But thus is life. I appreciate the data points that help me predict my standing with CapOne.

I'd say if you want it, apply for the card. With your scores you should get a decent limit. 

Rebuilding from BK 7
EQ-554 TU-567 EX-542 ~ Day of Filing (2/2017)
EQ-559 TU-496 EX-510 ~ Day of Discharge (6/2017)
EQ-696 TU-677 EX-679 ~ Current (4/18)
Credit One, Merrick, Paypal, Overstock, Pottery Barn, NFCU Secured & CapOne
Live, learn, and overcome
Message 2 of 8
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Thanks for the data.

Cap One still confuses me.  I was discharged in Aug 2016.  I had 4 cards with Cap, two which had zero balances and other two had $200 but my attorney said I couldn't pay them off because it would look like I was giving debt preferencial treatment.  So the two were included in the BK and the other two were closed by cap when I filed.

Fast forward to today, still getting auto declined by Cap with no HP so I must be on black list.

The funny thing to me is that I burned them for like $400 if that and I had 4 cards with big limits and long history.  I honestly thought they would approve me instantly after discharge.

Message 3 of 8
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Both of you need to apply a year and a month from the date you file for bk.

Use the auto Navigator since it is only a soft pull, that way you will know if the doors have opened.

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've more or less given up on Capital One. Still blacklisted after nearly 2 years.

I noticed something interesting when reviewing my credit reports recently. Capital One is the only IIB account I have that is still reporting a status date monthly. It's IIB/$0 balance, which is correct, but with a status date of March 2017. Wonder if that has anything to do with it . . . . 

Message 5 of 8
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've more or less given up on Capital One. Still blacklisted after nearly 2 years.

I noticed something interesting when reviewing my credit reports recently. Capital One is the only IIB account I have that is still reporting a status date monthly. It's IIB/$0 balance, which is correct, but with a status date of March 2017. Wonder if that has anything to do with it . . . . 

That's definitely no normal, why don't you call them?

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TXinandout wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's definitely no normal, why don't you call them?

I did sometime last year and they said something about pending legal action. I'm thinking my file with them somehow didn't get closed out and marked discharged or something.

Now I'm wondering if I'm even concerned with doing business with them. I just got approved for new cards from NFCU and PenFed which should grow nicely over time. I have 5 inquiries and am hitting the garden anyway. I was never overly fond of Capital One to begin with.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved 3 days after discharge. Burned them on 4 accounts. They were the first cards I stopped paying well before I filed. However they also took me to small aclaims so I don't know what the rhyme or reason is.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.