Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One being very BK friendly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One being very BK friendly

Just got approved for a QS1 at $500! It's small, but it's my first card post BK7 (I was just discharged 3/30). So happy to be back on the road to credit success!

Message 121 of 278
bstone
Frequent Contributor

I bet if you apply for the Cap 1 Platinum you'll get the same $500 there as well.

Make your first five payments on time and on the Platinum and QS they will automatically increase your CL to $750.

Congrats and good luck!
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 122 of 278
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I concur with Bstone, it is pretty much a given that if they approve you for one card, they will approve you for a second card the same day. It happened for me, my hubby, my sister, several friends and countless other people I have read about online and most of us had Cap One IIB. Just make sure you apply for one of the credit steps cards like the Platinum MC and you should get approved and probably for a higher starting limit on the second card. I have not seen anyone get denied a second card after being approved for the first card and most people apply the same day for both. That will give you two cards with them and help with your number of tradelines.

I have 3 cards with them now but started with 2 cards (both Platinum MC's) a week after my chapter 7 discharged. I tried the pre-qualifier but it did not work for me so I just applied for the top 2 suggested cards. The first was a $300 CL and the second was a $500 CL. After 5 monthly payments, my $300 card went to $1300 and my $500 card went to $2500. Currently, just 18 months later, my $300 card is now $6300 and my $500 card is now $5750! I also just got my 3rd card with them last month, a Venture card with a $10k starting limit. I did a PC after 6 months on my first Platinum MC's and switched it to a QS.

Cap One has been absolutely incredible and I love them! 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 123 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Congrats! I concur with Bstone, it is pretty much a given that if they approve you for one card, they will approve you for a second card the same day. It happened for me, my hubby, my sister, several friends and countless other people I have read about online and most of us had Cap One IIB. Just make sure you apply for one of the credit steps cards like the Platinum MC and you should get approved and probably for a higher starting limit on the second card. I have not seen anyone get denied a second card after being approved for the first card and most people apply the same day for both. That will give you two cards with them and help with your number of tradelines.

I have 3 cards with them now but started with 2 cards (both Platinum MC's) a week after my chapter 7 discharged. I tried the pre-qualifier but it did not work for me so I just applied for the top 2 suggested cards. The first was a $300 CL and the second was a $500 CL. After 5 monthly payments, my $300 card went to $1300 and my $500 card went to $2500. Currently, just 18 months later, my $300 card is now $6300 and my $500 card is now $5750! I also just got my 3rd card with them last month, a Venture card with a $10k starting limit. I did a PC after 6 months on my first Platinum MC's and switched it to a QS.

Cap One has been absolutely incredible and I love them! 

Wow that is incredible. I didn't IIB them - I had 2 cards closed awhile before my BK with over 18k in CL that had perfect history - but I am hesitant about another HP so soon for another card. I was also not approved with the prequal, so I was happy when it finally went through.

Message 124 of 278
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

YMMV but I only got one HP for both cards. The same for my husband and sister. I think if it is within 24 hours or on the same day, it counts as one. Not sure though. 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 125 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Divaofsongs wrote:

YMMV but I only got one HP for both cards. The same for my husband and sister. I think if it is within 24 hours or on the same day, it counts as one. Not sure though. 

Ah. Makes sense. Unfortunately my app was 2 weeks ago. Didn't get an instant approval because TU and EX have a freeze on my reports because of all the disputes. I had to fax proof of SSN and address to wait for approval.

Message 126 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankrupty discharged 2/28/2015.... Applied for Capital one Platnium approved Smiley Very Happy $300 CL just applied for QS crossing my fingers that I get that also.. I have read on this forum that once you get approved for one you will be approved for the second one.  Im trying to re-establish my credit I hope Im on the right track.  Im wondering if I should apply for Barkclays now or if I should just wait? HELP!!!! Smiley Indifferent

Message 127 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just wondering how many people get prequalified and how many people just take the chance and app. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger but I have never been prequalified.

Message 128 of 278
bstone
Frequent Contributor

my wife and I both tried the pre-qual tool several times after discharge over a six week period or so. Finally I just got tired of waiting and did the HP app. I was approved for the Platinum card so I immediately did the same for my wife, also approved. $500 limit each.

Two weeks later I decided to app for the QS card. Once again, both approved for $500.

We also both burned Cap 1 for a couple grand in Ch 7. We were discharged end of Jan 2015 and within two months both have two Cap 1 cards.

IMO it's worth the HP. If you get immediately approved for Platinum I would try for QS as well. Good luck!
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 129 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bankrupty discharged 2/28/2015.... Applied for Capital one Platnium approved Smiley Very Happy $300 CL just applied for QS crossing my fingers that I get that also.. I have read on this forum that once you get approved for one you will be approved for the second one.  Im trying to re-establish my credit I hope Im on the right track.  Im wondering if I should apply for Barkclays now or if I should just wait? HELP!!!! Smiley Indifferent

Wait at least 6 months for Barclay.  I tried at 3 and was declined, I reconed talked to a very friendly credit anylist and she said they like to see at least 6 months history with another card.  

Message 130 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.