Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One being very BK friendly

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One being very BK friendly

My husband and I both applied for 2 cards with Cap One on the same day, within about 2-3 hours of each other, and we both only received one hp from Cap One for both apps. Of course, YMMV, but for both of us, we took only one hp hit for both cards. This was back in Sept of 2013. Consequently, my sister applied for and was approved for 2 Cap One cards on the same day as well, waiting just a few hours between each application, and she also had only one hp from Cap One for 2 cards. So, from the experience of 3 separate people, they only do one hp when you apply for 2 cards on the same day, within a few hours of each other, but again, YMMV. Hope this helps. 

BTW, we were all 3 approved for both cards. :-) 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 161 of 278
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

My husband and I both applied for 2 cards with Cap One on the same day, within about 2-3 hours of each other, and we both only received one hp from Cap One for both apps. Of course, YMMV, but for both of us, we took only one hp hit for both cards. This was back in Sept of 2013. Consequently, my sister applied for and was approved for 2 Cap One cards on the same day as well, waiting just a few hours between each application, and she also had only one hp from Cap One for 2 cards. So, from the experience of 3 separate people, they only do one hp when you apply for 2 cards on the same day, within a few hours of each other, but again, YMMV. Hope this helps. 

BTW, we were all 3 approved for both cards. :-) 

VERY nice. Thanks. Smiley Wink

I will definitely fire at it twice, once I receive my CLI and I decide on two more cards to add to the arsenal. Thanks again!

Message 162 of 278
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Not to hijack this thread, but I do have one last question for you 2+ Cap1 card holders. Smiley Wink

For those with a recent BK, are you only applying for 'average' or 'building credit' cards? I only ask, as my BK was discharged nearly 6 months ago and have scores of 688TU (just dropped 4 points) and 712EQ.  I also have above average/high income, so I would of course like to take a shot at the Venture and QS Reward cards...just don't want the HP and still come up empty.

I currently have the Platinum they issued me a week after discharge w/ #3K Cl, which I would also like to request an upgrade down the road.

Message 163 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fletcher2 wrote:

Not to hijack this thread, but I do have one last question for you 2+ Cap1 card holders. Smiley Wink

For those with a recent BK, are you only applying for 'average' or 'building credit' cards? I only ask, as my BK was discharged nearly 6 months ago and have scores of 688TU (just dropped 4 points) and 712EQ.  I also have above average/high income, so I would of course like to take a shot at the Venture and QS Reward cards...just don't want the HP and still come up empty.

I currently have the Platinum they issued me a week after discharge w/ #3K Cl, which I would also like to request an upgrade down the road.

Heres my experience with capital one. Discharged is june 2014, I got approved for 2 platinum cards the sametime only 500 to start with credit steps now 750, I applied for the sony card 500 to start, 5 months in I requested cli and approved 1000 ad finished credit steps too extra 500 so at 2000 on sony. Just last month I applied for QS card and approved at 3000, I also applied for the venture like a week later and was approved for 10000. (Utl is very low and income is high) scores is the mid 600 across the board.

Message 164 of 278
Elexismc
Valued Member

I am about a year out from discharge...I first applied for the qs1 and venture one because I didn't think I would get approved for the venture....I applied on 4/8 for Venture after reading all these success stories...after them needing to verify my id etc and what felt like the longest process ever!( multiple calls to check status etc...) I was told I was approved but the csr could not tell me my limit. I got the welcome package yesterday...$10k...scores in the mid to upper 600's

Message 165 of 278
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Impressive. You are 6 months ahead of me and already have the crown-jewel Venture card w/ the $10K Cl and a host of others.  I'm feeling better about these apps now. Many thanks. 

Message 166 of 278
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Great info, thanks! I didn't consider that one could have BOTH Venture cards, so that answers my 'to what kind do I try to upgrade this platinum card to' question. Smiley Wink

Message 167 of 278
Elexismc
Valued Member

My bf also has a platinum stuck at $500(he also has the Venture, qs, and Sony all much better limits$3k-10k) He's considering closing the Platinum if he can't get a cli soon...I may have him go for the Venture 1 instead

Message 168 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elexismc wrote:

My bf also has a platinum stuck at $500(he also has the Venture, qs, and Sony all much better limits$3k-10k) He's considering closing the Platinum if he can't get a cli soon...I may have him go for the Venture 1 instead

I am also considering closing out my 2 platinum cards if there is no increase on them and my credit one is going bye bye too.

Message 169 of 278
Elexismc
Valued Member

I was just looking into closing Credit One and potentially Merrick, the only thing holding me back from Merrick is that my limit will double next month so I'm thinking of holding on to it for utilization...the credit one is stuck at $400 and not budging

Message 170 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.