Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One pre-qualified

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One pre-qualified

I tried applying today - again, straight rejected and no hard pull at all.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 35
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
I tried applying today - again, straight rejected and no hard pull at all.

Hey, at least they aren't sticking you with a bunch of HP's!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 35
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Very true.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 13 of 35
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure what the deal is with Cap One, they are a strange animal. I have done really well with them and so has my hubby.  I had Cap One over 10 years ago and paid off my card and closed it but hubby IIB them for a recent card, as well as HSBC, yet we both still got cards with them.

There is one thing I wanted to mention though, not sure if it has made the difference or not, but we do have 2 joint Cap One auto loans, with 2 years on one and 5 years on the other, paid off and in excellent standing with never even a 30 day late on either loan. This may have had something to do with our success, and they also were the lender for our new car back in Aug of 2013 when we first were discharged, although we just refi'd to our credit union last month. So in total, we have 3 positive auto loans still reporting with them.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they "Secured" cards with Capital One that you are referring to. They were included in my BK as well which was just recently discharged, so on the fence whether I will try them.

Message 15 of 35
bunga7
Regular Contributor

So, I pulled the trigger regarding the pre-approval. I was denied. They won't have another chance with me. I received the denial letter today and they said "not enough income" and that my credit score was 626. However, I ws approved last week for an auto loan, and all three reports were over 665. I don't Cap One, and will never apply again. I'm at 670 in less than a year post discharge. I can't say what cap one can do, but use your imagination.

And as far as not enough income...I make 60K a year. I think I have the income. Both my credit union and Mercantile bank apporved me for a 30K auto loan at under 4%, so I think I have the income.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 35
Scupra
Super Contributor

@bunga7 wrote:

So, I pulled the trigger regarding the pre-approval. I was denied. They won't have another chance with me. I received the denial letter today and they said "not enough income" and that my credit score was 626. However, I ws approved last week for an auto loan, and all three reports were over 665. I don't Cap One, and will never apply again. I'm at 670 in less than a year post discharge. I can't say what cap one can do, but use your imagination.

And as far as not enough income...I make 60K a year. I think I have the income. Both my credit union and Mercantile bank apporved me for a 30K auto loan at under 4%, so I think I have the income.

Wow! Odd situation there.. Could you have possibly put down your income and missed a 0? When car shopping remember that some lenders may use an "auto enhanced" FICO score or just a different FICO model than what Cap1 pulls in general. Either way, congrats on your success.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 35
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Thanks. No, it's the same answer I've received all three times I've aplied with cap one. I went back today and was prequalified again, but not playiong their game anymore. My credit union pulled my exp score. And Mercantile Bank approved me for lower APR than my credit union! I haven't bought anything yet as Mercantile said I had to wait until 10/1...12 months post discharge. The dealer also pulled my score but came back with an 7.25 APR...I said no thx.

I'm getting there though. Two credit cards and a student loan, and I've at 670 2 wks to my 1-yr anniversary of BK7 discharge. I FOLLOW THE PLAN!  Smiley Happy

I also saved 7K in savings account in that much time. I'm more stoked about having a bank account with money in it. Smiley Happy

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any of you know the number to call for a recon with capital one? And who exactly to ask for?
Filed 2/28/13. Discharged 6/12/13
Burned capital one in bankruptcy on 4 different cards between the hubby & I for a total of around 2k. I frequently check the prequalified status and usually get nothing. Today, however, we each got the prequalified Classic and quicksilver reward card offers. I pulled the trigger and applied but got the 7-10 business day answer. Does this mean it's a denial? Or is it still possible that we were approved?
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do any of you know the number to call for a recon with capital one? And who exactly to ask for?
Filed 2/28/13. Discharged 6/12/13
Burned capital one in bankruptcy on 4 different cards between the hubby & I for a total of around 2k. I frequently check the prequalified status and usually get nothing. Today, however, we each got the prequalified Classic and quicksilver reward card offers. I pulled the trigger and applied but got the 7-10 business day answer. Does this mean it's a denial? Or is it still possible that we were approved?

It is possible that you will be approved. I got the same thing, then they sent me a letter asking for income verification. After providing verification, I was approved for the Quicksilver card with $3k limit.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.