cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One?

tag
Morgan06

Capital One?

Thanks all who replied to my credit union question. I appreciate the advice. I was also wondering... If I'm burning Capital One in my bk, do you still suggest applying for one of their cards as part of this plan or do you suggest avoiding them for awhile?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mskarma
New Contributor

Re: Capital One?

I burned cap1 in my bk and about a year after I got another cap1 for double the limit of the one I burned.

Message 2 of 14
Morgan06

Wow, that's good to know. Thanks!
Message 3 of 14
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

The plan works for ALL.  I personally burned Cap1 for ~$4000 and got the card exactly on the plan's timeline... it now has a $3K limit and sits in a sock drawer.  I also had the AF removed.

Follow the plan + Ignore bad advice. = Profit!

;-)

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 14
Morgan06

Thank you!
Message 5 of 14
lovelylisa84
Valued Member

I burned two capital one credit card accounts and applied a few days after BK7 was discharged and I was approved immediately with an unsecured rewards card $500 CL. I then took out an auto loan with them a few days after BK for 9.99 APR which isn't too bad considering.

TU FAKO 5/2013 605 6/2013 617
EQ FICO 5/2013 535 6/2013 623
BK7 Filed 3/29/13
Score Goal:715
Message 6 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Morgan06 wrote:
Thanks all who replied to my credit union question. I appreciate the advice. I was also wondering... If I'm burning Capital One in my bk, do you still suggest applying for one of their cards as part of this plan or do you suggest avoiding them for awhile?

I included two Capital One credit cards in my ch 7 discharged on 4/13. I have been receiving Capital One offers every other week and, just for giggles, I went online just now to check what I might qualify for and it indicated that I can get a Capital One Quicksilver One card. Did not app because I am in the process of buying a home.

Message 7 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Thy have rejected me (without a credit pull) due to previous Capital One account obligations. So, looks like I'm blacklisted...for now.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 14
policebox
Contributor

According to the Disclosures & Terms and Conditions for a Capital One credit application:

By applying, I understand that I am not eligible for this offer if: I have had a Capital One credit card that has charged off within the past year.

So, you will need to wait until at least a year after the account is charged-off before you should apply.

Message 9 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@policebox wrote:

According to the Disclosures & Terms and Conditions for a Capital One credit application:

By applying, I understand that I am not eligible for this offer if: I have had a Capital One credit card that has charged off within the past year.

So, you will need to wait until at least a year after the account is charged-off before you should apply.

@policebox wrote:

Did you see my post above? I'm 10 months past discharge where I had two Cap1 cards included ... and they are now sending me offers etc. It is not the same for everyone.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.