Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
DST
Valued Member

Capital One

If you included capital one in your bankruptcy, how soon after your discharge could you apply to capital one again?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One

For most, there was is waiting period. However, YMMV especially depending on what the level of the burn was. I got the secured card 1 month post discharge with a $49 deposit for 200-CL.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 7
sewinlove
Established Member

I had a Capital One credit card, a Capital One Auto loan that was settled (after the vehicle was reposessed), and another Capital One Auto loan when I filed Ch 7. I was able to get two credit cards ($300 and $500). One was literally within a  month of our creditor meeting. The other was 45 days out. I was getting offers from them in the mail every single day.

Weirdly, my husband's scores were higher than mine and they denied him.

Message 3 of 7
rgh64

Filed BK7 in August 2012, discharged November 2012.  Everything clean after BK with 4 lines reporting.  Still blacklisted (denied with no pull) for a non-secured card and was not counter offered a secured card.  I have not applied for a secured card directly since I think I would rather go the credit union secured route since my credit union has no annual fee on its secured cards.

Message 4 of 7
baglady215
Established Member

I included Cap One in my Chapter 7. I think it was about $500. Discharged last Monday and approved last Thursday for a Cash Rewards $1K CLI. No pre approval, I just took s chance. Still in shock but YMMV!
Message 5 of 7
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

it's really hit or miss.  I included them in my BK for only $270 and I have not been let back in as of yet and I'm 6 months post discharge.

I just got a secured card through them - $49 deposit and only $200 CL.  Doesn't matter though as I don't plan to ever use it for anything more than a tank of gas or quick dinner.  I'll see if I can get a normal card from them in another 6-12 months of good behavior.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 6 of 7
xfire2004

I was discharged from BK7 in 2/2013 got an unsecured Capital One card 500 limit in 3/2013 and I just got approved for a Car loan loan thru Capital One 4/2013 They have been Great to me and I also included them in BK for about $2000

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.