Capital one no GO!!!!!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one no GO!!!!!

@Joortiz3 wrote:
I'm wordering if I pay the charged off amount
Will that help any?

Please do not do this for Capital One.. They will let you back in after some time

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joortiz3 wrote:
Yes I got a secured card. From my local
CU a secured open sky card and two moths
Ago I got an invitation for merrick bank credit card. Witch I got approve for 600 SL and it suppose to double after six moths.oo I also got an auto loan for a 2015 Honda Accord sport
27.000 right out of discharge .

CU card 6 moths
Open sky 4 moths
Merrick bank 2 moths
Auto loan 6 moths

Your rebuild is coming along just fine. Nurture these accounts and CapOne will let you back in soon enough.

I'm at the 6 month mark and waiting on them myself. I have 3 unsecured cards ($1500/$700/$300) and scores in the mid 600s again. On the plus side, I'm thinking CapOne will respond with better limits once they're ready for me vs. had they given me cards immediately post D/C.

Message 12 of 25
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Joortiz3 wrote:
I have check the pre-qualifier no luck .
I have apply for a QS and the regular one

It seems as though you have applied for one of their top tier cards.  The rebuilding cards are the QS1 and Platinum.  Allow those cards you have to report a couple of more months to the bureau's and app again.  Although this time app for the rebuilding cards.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your advise I will
Do just that wait a For the card I have
Age abit longer then will see.
Just got an alert I only carry a balance of 8%
On one of the card the rest 0%
It's that time of the moth that they report and my score as of today are.

EQ 610
TU 608
EX 605
Message 14 of 25
notpaul
Regular Contributor

I've heard a year wait is normal if they blacklist you. They didn't pull my credit when I applied with them a few months ago either.
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me about 9 months until they pulled my credit and then I had to send them proof of income before they gave me a $300 credit limit on a QS which has a $39 fee. They put me on the credit steps program and say I will get an increase after the fourth payment. I know someone else who got in right after discharge, and someone else who didn't get approved until 10 months after discharge. All of us burned Cap One in bk process, but all of us had different results. The other two didn't have to provide proof of income. Once they pull your credit, you will know that they are ready to let you back in, but the end result will depend on their internal factors.

Message 16 of 25
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Joortiz3 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your advise I will
Do just that wait a For the card I have
Age abit longer then will see.
Just got an alert I only carry a balance of 8%
On one of the card the rest 0%
It's that time of the moth that they report and my score as of today are.

EQ 610
TU 608
EX 605
PLEASSSSEEE just wait it seems your burn of them was to recent ( IDK cause u didnt mentio,unless I missed it in the thread ). DH burned them for 12K in our BK13  filed 7/10 he got back in 25K 8/15 I'm not saying wait 5 yrs but wait til prequal shows you something AT LEAST.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vegas4play filed 3/15 discharged 6/15
Message 18 of 25
q_thurst
Valued Member

I was in a similar situation as yours, and mines ended quite favorably, so persistence is key, I'm proof of it. I am 2-1/2 months post DC BK7 and burned CO on one card for 300 and had another that was PIF 4 months prior to filing. They had me on the blacklist and would not pull my credit when I applied. After calling the credit analyst and requesting a recon, they eventually decided to pull my credit and approved me with a starring limit of 3k. 

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also Joortiz3 did you check your credit reports to make sure everything was reporting correctly. I read one thread on here where someone applied and was denied. After being told to check their credit reports, they had to dispute the Capital One status to IIB and $0 balance. When that was corrected they reapplied and was approved. Also as mentioned make sure you reapply for the rebuilder cards.

Good luck and keep us updated! Robot Very Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.