tag
LeTired
Established Member

Re: Capital one won't let me back in

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burned cap 1 and got a card before discharge , 2 cc actually. One 300 CL and one 500 CL .
Both unsecured.
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got back in with Capital One, 3 months post DC of chapter 7. Small limit of $300, but in. Don't give up.

Message 23 of 36
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

I finally had the courage to apply about 13 months post-discharge, and I burned Capital One for about $1800.  They are actually the reason I filed BK - they recieved a judgment against me and were garnishing my wages.  However, I was not pre-qualified according to their website when I applied, but I decided to apply anyway.  So, for those of you that won't apply because you're not pre-qualified, I would try anyway.  But don't shoot for one of their "prime" cards.  Go for one with an annual fee.  They will upgrade your card before too long.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 still won't let me in....... :-(
Message 25 of 36
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Burned cap 1 and got a card before discharge , 2 cc actually. One 300 CL and one 500 CL .
Both unsecured.

Smiley Surprised

I almost applied for a Cap One card after seeing this comment. The only thing holding me back was the thought that Cap One just might be a bit more generous on the CL if I applied for a CC with them after discharge, instead of before. Gotta stay strong for 30 more days. 

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned capital one in my chapter 7. I was discharged in April 2015. I just got approved for a capital one platinum and capital one quicksilver in Feb. 2016. So it took me 10 months. Prior to now, I was turned down by them too until now. So give it time.

Message 27 of 36
krielly
Established Contributor

With a 6500 burn and being only 2 mos out.....Are you really surprised? NOT trying to be a smart @ss.......but realistically, you should expect to wait a bit.....

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 28 of 36
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@krielly: I'm not really surprised.. I've just heard so many people getting a card right away after bk and they've burned cap one for more than what I owed... And I'd only like to see feedback from people as well

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 29 of 36
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

I read about someone on here, or another credit forum, that contacted the Capital One Executive Office to try and get approved. They saw that the comsumer had done well since BK, and approved them. I suggest everyone trying that route, it can't hurt, especially if you've already burned an inquiry, so it's not a waste.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.