Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Blank Check, Car Loan Approval after BK

tag
beachbum33
New Contributor

Capitol One Blank Check, Car Loan Approval after BK

There is life after bk, I have been approved for an $18000 loan only 5months after bk Smiley Happy I was totally expecting to be turned down, asked for $15000 and they approved me for $18000. Interest rates are based on year of car 2010 or newer 7.31%, 2009 10.95%, 2007-2008 11.7%,  all vechicles must have under 70000 miles and automatic withdrawl from checking. It's not all good though, I've been driving an old car with just liability insurance for the past few years, when I contacted my insurance company I found my premiums would triple if I added collision to the car I was looking at. Based on my budget along with money I've actually been able to save(something I never was able to do before),  I think a new or newer car will have to wait another yr. I expect a small hit on my credit report as well for the inquiry.

In case your interested, creditkarma has me at 642, I know it's a fako.

Chapter 7 BK  4/10 discharge,

NEVER LATE OR MISSED A PAYMENT SINCE BK 

Capitol One MC 5/10 $500  initial limit, credit steps, CL$750 

Orchard MC 5/10 $300CL

Reward Zone MC 6/10 300CL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitol One Blank Check, Car Loan Approval after BK

They send me these in the mail all the time now too. Cap one wants ME to go into negatives too ... Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitol One Blank Check, Car Loan Approval after BK

@beachbum33 wrote:

I think a new or newer car will have to wait another yr.   Smart Move!  Congrats on your good wisdom.  Smiley Happy

Based on my budget along with money I've actually been able to save(something I never was able to do before),  I think a new or newer car will have to wait another yr.  Savvy thinking.  Liz Pulliam Weston thinks like you (that's a good thing).  Here's her articleThe Real Reason You're Broke. 

I expect a small hit on my credit report as well for the inquiry.  Perhaps, or maybe not.  It looks like you already have several.  The hit on your credit report for a new account would have been more of a concern.  Thumbs up! for not going with CapOne on this one.

Capitol One MC 5/10 $500  initial limit, credit steps, CL$750 

Orchard MC 5/10 $300CL

Reward Zone MC 6/10 300CL

It feels good to be wanted - now watch your AAofA.  If you pull out a calculator, and do some quick figuring, you'll be able to tell what it currently is.  That will help you know when you are ready to app for any new account.  Once your AAofA drops, only time can pull it back up again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.