Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan 3 months post Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Loan 3 months post Chapter 7

I originally posted that I had gotten approved by Chrysler Capital. At that time (a month ago) my credit was 545. The interest rate was 18.7% and I had to pass since I am living in South Korea and there are no franchised dealers. I since then opened a Military Star Card, and got approved 3600.00... that made my score go up to 604!! Have not used it and probably will just use it for gas then pay off asap. So I applied through Military Auto Source and the only place to approve me was Service Credit Union. I got a 4.74% interest rate!!!! for 63 months. I financed a Dodge Dart 2015 SXT for 19,262.00 Monthly payment is 376.58. I just wanted to put this out for any military or maybe expats living abroad that you can get financed while overseas. Give Service Credit Union a shot. Veterans or family members qualify as well. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Loan 3 months post Chapter 7

That is great that you were able to find a credit union that would finance your purchase and at such a lower interest rate than you were offered just a month ago!!! 

Message 2 of 13
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Thank you for sharing. We are in the states and will check them out.

Message 3 of 13
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

That's an amazing rate! Is this the one in Michigan? I believe anyone can jion if... "Persons who are donors to the Salvation Army of Genesee County, a non-profit corporation, can also become a member of Security"

Which bureau did they pull for your auto loan?

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally posted that I had gotten approved by Chrysler Capital. At that time (a month ago) my credit was 545. The interest rate was 18.7% and I had to pass since I am living in South Korea and there are no franchised dealers. I since then opened a Military Star Card, and got approved 3600.00... that made my score go up to 604!! Have not used it and probably will just use it for gas then pay off asap. So I applied through Military Auto Source and the only place to approve me was Security Credit Union. I got a 4.74% interest rate!!!! for 63 months. I financed a Dodge Dart 2015 SXT for 19,262.00 Monthly payment is 376.58. I just wanted to put this out for any military or maybe expats living abroad that you can get financed while overseas. Give Security Credit Union a shot. Veterans or family members qualify as well. 

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the name wrong, sorry, it was SERVICE CREDIT UNION, not Security Credit Union!!! 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They used my Experian

Message 6 of 13
SSH0126
Established Contributor

How long were you a member before applying for the auto loan?

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally posted that I had gotten approved by Chrysler Capital. At that time (a month ago) my credit was 545. The interest rate was 18.7% and I had to pass since I am living in South Korea and there are no franchised dealers. I since then opened a Military Star Card, and got approved 3600.00... that made my score go up to 604!! Have not used it and probably will just use it for gas then pay off asap. So I applied through Military Auto Source and the only place to approve me was Service Credit Union. I got a 4.74% interest rate!!!! for 63 months. I financed a Dodge Dart 2015 SXT for 19,262.00 Monthly payment is 376.58. I just wanted to put this out for any military or maybe expats living abroad that you can get financed while overseas. Give Service Credit Union a shot. Veterans or family members qualify as well. 

Message 7 of 13
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you burn Military Star in your bk? 

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you burn Military Star in your bk? 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I did not.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not a member with Service Credit Union at all when I applied. I am a member of Navy Federal and USAA, both who I burned in my BK.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.