Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan Randomly updated a charge off status for March

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Loan Randomly updated a charge off status for March

I checked my experian report today to see a 24 point decrease because my car finance company updated to charge off status for the month of March but all other months show payment ok never have been late for the last year and a half. I called them and they told me they would get it updated to show correctly. Only happened on experian the other 2 show normal pay status. Hopefully it gets updates losing 24 points stinks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Car Loan Randomly updated a charge off status for March

@Anonymous wrote:
I checked my experian report today to see a 24 point decrease because my car finance company updated to charge off status for the month of March but all other months show payment ok never have been late for the last year and a half. I called them and they told me they would get it updated to show correctly. Only happened on experian the other 2 show normal pay status. Hopefully it gets updates losing 24 points stinks.

So why was the "charge off" reported? It's good that they promised to fix it but was it a mistake on their part? Did they commit to fixing it in a specific period of time? Sounds like it was a mistake because a tradeline will not go from ontime payments to charge off status like that.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said it would be fixed within 24 Hours so I called the next day to verify and they said no negative payment history is showing so I then called experian and they told me it was not showing negative and are sending me a report. The experian app has not updated yet but nothing changed with my fico
Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They said it would be fixed within 24 Hours so I called the next day to verify and they said no negative payment history is showing so I then called experian and they told me it was not showing negative and are sending me a report. The experian app has not updated yet but nothing changed with my fico

Great. Glad their mistake did not cause you pain .. but believe it when you see it on paper.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly my plan experian can be tricky
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.