cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan on My Credit Report and Late Payments Dispute (need help with this dilemma)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Loan on My Credit Report and Late Payments Dispute (need help with this dilemma)

I have a car loan on my credit report. I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2007 that was discharged last year. All this time, the bank that I have had the car loan with was reporting late payments on my credit report. Therefore, I decided to dispute the late payments in my credit report because I made timely payments in my Chapter 13 plan. The reason that I chose when disputing was never late. I am now worried that if I win the dispute then the credit reporting agencies will change the item to no late payments. However, then it will take forever for this car loan to be removed from my credit report because there will not be a first delinquent date and the report will show no late payments but will show that the item was included in the Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which will still negatively impact my credit report. In the item, it shows that the car loan was included in the bankruptcy only last year, which is not true since I filed in 2007. The status is discharged in bankruptcy. 

What should I do and should I be worried about this dispute making things worse? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.