Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Repossession

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Repossession

I honestly didn't even think about it when we dropped the insurance. We just figured that they would come to get it like they did before (after two months). One very unfriendly gentleman and another one with a sheriff badge came to my house while we were at work. I'm guessing they may have tried to repo it at my husbands work but the average joe just can't gain access to where he works. After we missed the payment we called them and spoke to the bankruptcy dept and told them that we wanted to surrender it. They said that the repo company would be in touch. No one has contacted us as of yet. We dropped the insurance and took the plate off because it was a personalized plate my husband wanted to keep. I thought that if it didn't have a plate it just couldn't be parked on a public street. It's in my driveway. No we do not drive it. We are in PA. We are going to call them and see if we can negotiate for the title. I just want this vehicle gone. We have no desire to drive it. But we would sell it.....
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Repossession

I would insure it.  Crazy things can happen. My former neighbor is the  dui king. He lost his lisc for many years. He parked his car where it sat for many months. One day it rolled down his drive across my front yard and hit another house doing $20K damage to the house and totaled the car. It also took out my mail box. He too had no insurance. he now has a large judgement on him and   makes monthly payments of $300 to the neighbor. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.