Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car and Chapter 13

tag
johnson207
New Contributor

Car and Chapter 13

I am most likely going to be in the market for a car fairly soon and am fairly early in a Chapter 13. Can anyone explain the process I can expect? Do I find a car and work through the trustee? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Car and Chapter 13

You need trustee approval... That's pretty much it.
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 4
johnson207
New Contributor

Does anyone on the board have recommendations for reputable sites for auto loans while in Chapter 13? Would Lending Tree be an option for multiple lenders?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found financing throug Prestige Financing.  High interest rate at 19.25 %, but I am going through trustee approval right now. I Just signed my motion today for my lawyer, I just wonder how long does it take to obtain court approval.

My bankruptcy is a 100% repay, I am 2 years into it and I am going to finish early.  My request for financing was the same on my budget that I requested two years ago.  My attorney is submitting a motion to the judge.  How long does anyone know it should take to obtain approval from the court.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.