Contributor
carolina98

Car loan after BK?

Do any major car companies such as Honda, Toyota or Nissan, Ford give financing after a BK with a farily good credit score? Where else might you get a car loan and what type of interest rate?

Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: Car loan after BK?

To answer your question directly yes they do offer financing post BK. Rates may not be as good but the possibility to finance is available. Requirements may be different between creditors/lenders do your homework and research them.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

As far as I can remember I was never turned down for any type of loan because of my BK but of course I know I paid higher rates because of it.

Credit unions can be a good source for possible financing. If you have any in your local area I would talk to several of them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Toyota and Nissan/Infiniti would be at the top of my list.

Nissan will go down to 620 and still offer special financing

Toyota will go to 650 - Tier 3 for them and still give you special financing and leasing.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+