Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan help! And other questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car loan help! And other questions

Hi. I posted somewhere else but didn't get any replies (I think it was outside of the Bk area, oops!). Our ch 7 was discharged November 14. I've gotten my credit karma score of 608. First ?, what's the difference between credit scores from CK or one of the three other bureaus?
Moving on. I applied and got a Wells Fargo secured card and chose a $300 limit. Last week I got a C1 pre-approval and got a platinum card with a $2000 CL. I got my husband one too with a $500 CL. Is this where we should stop with our revolving credit options? Our only other debt is our consolidated student loan.
And finally. I'm 40 but became disabled after my genetic collagen disease wreaked havoc on my hips and lead me to nine surgeries finally ending in double hip replacements. My mom secured the loan for my 2012 car, brand new at the time, and I make the payments (to USAA). Sadly, I didn't think twice about my new car being a manual transmission because it was before my hips crapped out on me completely. I'm not able to drive yet (post-surgical restrictions) but even when I can drive again (1/17/15), I can't drive a manual. I need a new car. Again. Ugh. How do you recommend I proceed? Make payments on our new cards for a few months and then apply for a loan? Apply now? With who?
I'm beyond sad about the downward turn in my health especially because we have two small kids. I do have until at least mid-March before I even attempt returning to work part time so while I have a little time, I'd rather get a car before the very last minute. The thought of driving for the first time to get to my job for the first day is really overwhelming.
Thanks in advance for any help. I've read a ton and will keep doing so. I'd just love some btdt advice.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Car loan help! And other questions

Credit Karma and other "free" credit score sites like Credit Sesame are fake scores (known as FAKO when compared to FICO) and aren't worth a whole lot...  Those sites are good for monitoring your report but FICO is the only score that matters.

Your actual FICO score can and usually is MUCH different than your FAKO score given from those sites.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car loan help! And other questions

Ok gotcha. I'll get my FICOs. Thanks a lot for the reply.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.