cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan with Santander and filed Chapter 7 - Was your car repossessed?

tag
Gerald56
New Contributor

Re: Car loan with Santander and filed Chapter 7 - Was your car repossessed?

We gave ours back as soon as we filed papers..it was to much to look at knowing we paid double its value and still owed $6000 on it... we called them and told them to come get it. santander should be kicked out of our country.

Message 11 of 24
webpagesby22

Did it show a repo on your credit? I am in the process of getting my car delivered from 722 redemption. I am going to call Santander to come get my car after my new car in my parking lot.

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!

Message 12 of 24
bunga7
Regular Contributor

722 Redemption? Have you inspected the car prior to taking delivery? There are horror stories on the web about this program.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
webpagesby22

I am not signing anything until I thoroughy check out the car. It is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. I already ran the carfax on it so its clean on that front. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Message 14 of 24
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I do not think they can legally report it as voluntarily repossed - they can only report it as IIB with a zero balance.

If they try any tricks - you can 1) dispute with the CBs, 2) do a DD and 3) complaint with BBB.

But do let me know about the 722Redemption.  Was going to do it until I read nothing but horror stories about it.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 15 of 24
webpagesby22

I will let you know. The driver called me today to confirm that the car will be delivered by 5-6pm tomorrow. I am so excited it looks really good on the photos. I also had Dan Nyman the sales guy (very nice guy) personally email me extra photos of the car. Outside of the photos from the website and I asked for particular photos of the car. To check for body damage and interior. The car looked even better in the photos.

Message 16 of 24
webpagesby22

Hey guys. My 2012 Nissan Maxima was delivered today. The driver was super nice. He did the walk around inspection with me on the car. It is in prestine condition. Still smells like a new car. I 100% give a thumbs up to 722 redemption. Ask to speak to Beth Day. She is very nice and she answered all my questions and answered all my emails in a timely manner. They are saving me money on the the interest of the loan and on the loan payments. I am calling Santander first thing Monday morning to tell them to come get the Hyundai Sonata.

Message 17 of 24
Gerald56
New Contributor

after discharge santander disappeared off our credit reports

Message 18 of 24
webpagesby22

Santander deleted my loan after I filed my BK

Message 19 of 24
Webpagesby23
Established Member

Funny story,

After I got my car one of my co-workers noticed my new car. She noticed the dealership on the front tag plate. She asked me quietly you filed for BK? I was like how did you know? She was like I did it a few years back and went through 722 redemption and thats the same dealer that I bought a car from. She loved the car she received from them and she had affordable payments.

Current Score: Credit Karma 663 Credit Sesame 611 My Fico 601

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.