Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarMax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CarMax

I was wondering anyone's experience using CarMax after Discharge? It seems from talking to dealers that they were the most friendly and willing to talk with someone who may/may not have a 20% dp. I plan on having about 4k saved up by the time banko is over with.. but i'm a planner and sort of wanted to know what experiences people had.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Re: CarMax

Many people have no problem getting decent rates from non-carmax dealers after bankruptcy, including Cap One auto financing. I wouldn't rush to carmax, because they don't negotiate on their prices. I would wait and see your options before getting in a tizzy.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CarMax

In my area the dealers are more than Carmax by a good amount. Yes, i can haggle but i don't want to spend 6 hours of my life haggling and a 2 hour drive one way to get a PriusV from the dealership because we live near nothing. I've been watching their site and I can get a used one for a descent deal, which I works be happy with. We'll be burning CapOne credit cards in our banko, I could try their auto the day we discharge and see, then do recon if i need too.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.