cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 Discharged but now creditors updated to report late during all 5 years!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ch 13 Discharged but now creditors updated to report late during all 5 years!

Hi there,  

My Chapter 13 was discharged January 2015 after 5 years of payments.  I've watched my Experian score drop 36 points in the past month, so I signed up with them and was able to talk to a human to figure out what is going on.  Basically three creditors who were included in the dischared, updated my credit file to report late payments for the five years I was in the re-payment plan.  Each of these creditors was an unsecured debt but they received 25% of the debt that was owed.  I feel like I'm being penalized twice now.  I swear Chapter 13 you get treated so much worse even though you're actually paying most if not all of the debts.

Can these creditors do this???  If so, do I have any options?

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Ch 13 Discharged but now creditors updated to report late during all 5 years!

I am pretty certain, but not 100%, that the updates are considered a violation of the discharge injunction.

They could not report late during your Bk because of the automatic stay and once you had paid off according to your plan and received a discharge, they can't now go back and say you were late each month.

At a minimum I would contact the CFPB and file a complaint.

Who are the creditors?

Message 2 of 4
Chilli
Established Contributor

Re: Ch 13 Discharged but now creditors updated to report late during all 5 years!

AND call your attorney to reopen your case to have them sanctioned for being jerks...you'll get a couple of $k's for sure Smiley Wink plus file disputes with each credit reporting agencies AND if they don't remove the inaccuracies... drag their butts into court too!

Message 3 of 4
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Our lender for our car loan did this - reported 3 lates after the automatic stay. I tried to dispute but got no where. The response was that the credit union was reporting accurately.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.