cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 converted to Ch 7 but both reporting on Equifax, is this right?

tag
Cici81

Ch 13 converted to Ch 7 but both reporting on Equifax, is this right?

Hi all,

I had Chapter 13 bankruptcy that converted to Chapter 7, and then Chapter 7 got dismissed in 2010. I couldn't get approved for a mortgage because of the low Equifax score and my mortgage broker told me Equifax is the only one that reported it as 2 separate bakruptcies, with the same dismissal date. Shouldn't it only show Chapter 7? The other 2 bureaus are only showing Ch. 7...this is what it shows...

Bankruptcy filed on Dec, 2007Type [?]Court number [?]Case number [?]Date filed [?]Status [?]
Bankruptcy
728VF00019
0712342-DSP-06/10
Dec, 2007
DISMSD/CLSD CH13

Bankruptcy filed on Dec, 2007

Type [?]Court number [?]Case number [?]Date filed [?]Status [?]

Bankruptcy
728VF00019
1015093-DSP-09/10
Dec, 2007
Discharged CH-7
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cici81

Re: Ch 13 converted to Ch 7 but both reporting on Equifax, is this right?

I meant to say Ch. 7 was discharged, not dismissed.

Message 2 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

Looks like they didn't get the info about the conversion and are listing it as a Ch 20 (complete Ch 13 then go Ch 7).

Message 3 of 5
Cici81

Thank you. What should I provide them with, to correct this? I don't think I have any of my Chapter 13 paperwork any more...

Message 4 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

If you can go to the courts where you filed them both and get copies then you can send it to the CRA. Make several copies and give a copy to your mortgage people, maybe they will be able to work it out faster than waiting for it to update. Make a couple of extra copies to keep just in case

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.