Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 discharge on Friday!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ch 13 discharge on Friday!

Filed 3/2011, and discharged on Friday.   I have run my 3 credit reports and there is no information to dispute.  Everything is closed...everything was IIB.   

My Experian score is 657 and my TU score is 700.    

My wife and I have both had several promotions since we filed in 2011, and we make a very good income now.    

Do I need to start with a secured card?   Seems like my credit scores are decent post-BK, and my income is high.   Should I go straight for the Quicksilver card, or even the Chase Freedom?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ch 13 discharge on Friday!

Congratz on your Discharge!

Congratz on your exceptional scores!

while Your Mileage May Very (YMMV), I received unsecured cards from Pen Fed & Navy.

I would ask you where do you want your cards from?

What do you want to do with them and other types of credit in the future?

Best Wishes!

coacho99 wrote:

Filed 3/2011, and discharged on Friday.   I have run my 3 credit reports and there is no information to dispute.  Everything is closed...everything was IIB.   

My Experian score is 657 and my TU score is 700.    

My wife and I have both had several promotions since we filed in 2011, and we make a very good income now.    

Do I need to start with a secured card?   Seems like my credit scores are decent post-BK, and my income is high.   Should I go straight for the Quicksilver card, or even the Chase Freedom?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your discharge. I'm waiting for mine. Will happen by the 27th. Painfully slow. I filed 1/2011

Message 3 of 4
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the discharge, I would advise the cap one quicksliver....check the prequal site on cap one.....also KNow CXhase has the 5 cards in 24 months rule so do go hog wild with apps, you stand a pretty good chance of getting in if you have some accounts open still you have been paying on. I got a Freedom October 2015 after my 5 year stint in CH 13 and discharged in Auigust. I did have to recon it due to the BK pulled EQ and EX.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.