cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 7 Discharge in April ---> 678 EX in September!

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Ch 7 Discharge in April ---> 678 EX in September!

My EQ Credit Monitor Fico score is 611. EQ claims its what the lenders use.  The same EQ "Fico" on my MyFico is 655. MyFico claims its what the lenders use.  WTH ?  I absolutely hate the system we have to live with. If these scores matter so much to everyone then there should be ONE score model for all. Period.  I cant believe there isnt a better , bigger lobby against this practice. Then again do the lobbyists & Senators really care about there scores ?

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 11 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

@jettech wrote:

My EQ Credit Monitor Fico score is 611. EQ claims its what the lenders use.  The same EQ "Fico" on my MyFico is 655. MyFico claims its what the lenders use.  WTH ?  I absolutely hate the system we have to live with. If these scores matter so much to everyone then there should be ONE score model for all. Period.  I cant believe there isnt a better , bigger lobby against this practice. Then again do the lobbyists & Senators really care about there scores ?

So soon after d/c your score is not as important as you are making it.. Building a healthy, clean and robust report is MUCH more important in the early stages. Your score will follow, I promise.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Good adivce and noone can argue with that.  And as is my goal going forward.  Its just that so many people , myself included pay for these services and many of us are paying for a fake.A Ball Park idea at best of where you stand.  It really should be more concrete and across the board for all.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the late post, I've been in California visiting a family member. But yes, I realize it is a FAKO score. I indicated that I received the score from Experian and that it was an "Experian PLUS" score and that my actual Equifax FICO score was 599. Anyways, no offense taken at all; I've been on these boards for years before I registered when filing Ch 7 this year, so I'm familiar with all the posters in this thread and appreciate all your posts. 

As an update, myFICO alerted me today that my FICO score is 618. Your wager was correct TRC_WA, lol. Not quite the 678 EX PLUS score, but I expected that. Still, not even a year out of discharge I'm optimistic about the score. What can I do to hit 700 by the one year mark (04/2015)?

Side note, I'm a guy. My name's Marcus. 

Message 14 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apologies for the late post, I've been in California visiting a family member. But yes, I realize it is a FAKO score. I indicated that I received the score from Experian and that it was an "Experian PLUS" score and that my actual Equifax FICO score was 599. Anyways, no offense taken at all; I've been on these boards for years before I registered when filing Ch 7 this year, so I'm familiar with all the posters in this thread and appreciate all your posts. 

As an update, myFICO alerted me today that my FICO score is 618. Your wager was correct TRC_WA, lol. Not quite the 678 EX PLUS score, but I expected that. Still, not even a year out of discharge I'm optimistic about the score. What can I do to hit 700 by the one year mark (04/2015)?

Side note, I'm a guy. My name's Marcus. 

Hitting 700 in 1 year post BK7 would be very hard if even possible at all.. Congrats on the score increase though! You are heading the right direction, follow the 24 month rebuild plan SoulMaster made and you will see your score start to climb in no time. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scupra...Yeah I live in Vegas so I have access to One Nevada Credit Union but I went with NFCU instead. I'll add a secured loan to my secured Visa with NFCU and see how close to 700 I can get by April. Hey, if I aim for 700 and land on 650 one year out of Ch 7 I won't be complaining! Thanks again Scupra. 

Message 16 of 18
bunga7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Scupra...Yeah I live in Vegas so I have access to One Nevada Credit Union but I went with NFCU instead. I'll add a secured loan to my secured Visa with NFCU and see how close to 700 I can get by April. Hey, if I aim for 700 and land on 650 one year out of Ch 7 I won't be complaining! Thanks again Scupra. 

You have the right idea...I'm 660-670 on all three reports 1 week shy of 1 yr post bk7 discharge. My advice, follow the plan...don't obsess (like I've done at times)...don't freak when your score drops 8 points (who knows why?)...and by April, you'll be pleased you found this website and followed the plan as closely as possible. The payoff feels great

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
bunga7
Regular Contributor

I would add...I use scorewatch, and get scores from another program as well...I don't trust ANY of them to give me a true score, only a ball park number as a guide. The only score I trust is when my bank or lender pulls it. It's really the only one that matters, because they'll base decison on what THEY pull..

As an example...Cap one has quoted the same credit score for me three times over a one year period and denied me each time. Each letter has the same score, 626, each time. I finally gave cap one the bird. I know 626 is not my score.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.