Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 7 and Judgement removals

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Ch 7 and Judgement removals

I thought I had read on here yesterday that if a judgement is included in your BK that you can have it vacated as it is considered settled once discharged. For the life of me now I can't find the threat. Anyone know if that is correct and if so what the process is?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ch 7 and Judgement removals

@Officer737 wrote:

I thought I had read on here yesterday that if a judgement is included in your BK that you can have it vacated as it is considered settled once discharged. For the life of me now I can't find the threat. Anyone know if that is correct and if so what the process is?

Yes you can vacate a judgment due to BK, you need to file a motion to do so in the court that granted the judgment to begin with.

Message 2 of 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Easiest way is to call the firm that holds the judgement, send them a copy of your discharge (or just give them the case #).  The law firm that filed original suit will file the Motion to Vacate.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 4
Officer737
Established Contributor

Excellent! Thanks gdale and SM! I will get on this as sson as I get my discharge.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.