Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch13 Deletion from Credit Report

tag
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Ch13 Deletion from Credit Report

Hello everyone.  My Ch13 came off of my Ex report 2 months early.  Is it true that Eq deletes on the 1st 

of the month and TU deletes on the 20th of the month?

Ole my2centsSmiley Wink 

700 Club Member
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sisco
Valued Member

Re: Ch13 Deletion from Credit Report

Hooray My2cents!  And you're a 700 Club Member too?!   Two months early drop is a gift after playing the waiting game and succeeding the trials/tribulations to finally get there.  Congrats.

Sisco

Message 2 of 10
startover03
New Contributor

Congrats on your milestone!  My Exp came off on the 20th, and 2 weeks later on the 1st, my Equifax came off and the next week on the 7th, my TU came off.  I think it varies by individual, I don't think it is necessarily the same date for everyone.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was is 7 or 10 years after discharge or after filing?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the scoop:

Ch 7 BK's report for 10 years after filing date.

CH 13 BK's report for 7 years after filing date if they're completed and discharged.

CH 13 BK's that are not completed (dismissed) report for 7 years after filing date on EXperian and TU, and for 10 years after filing date on EQuifax.

Message 5 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the scoop:

Ch 7 BK's report for 10 years after filing date.

CH 13 BK's report for 7 years after filing date if they're completed and discharged.

CH 13 BK's that are not completed (dismissed) report for 7 years after filing date on EXperian and TU, and for 10 years after filing date on EQuifax.

I know that's the general rule but.....on TU and EX our discharged ch 13 (filed in 11/04, completed 9/08) is scheduled to remain on our reports until 11/14).  Anyone not have their DISCHARGED Ch 13's come off at the 7 year mark????  It worries me that it has 11/14 as the d/o date on those reports. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this will alleviate your concerns, but if it's helpful to know - my discharged came off right at the 7 year mark on both EX and TU.

Last I checked (a few months ago), both EX and TU state their policy for reporting discharged CH 13 right on their websites.  If anyone's discharged CH13 does not age off at 7 years as is the printed policy, I would consider doing a "print screen" from their website and following up with the CRA.  I've never heard of anyone having an issue on this or having to follow up to make it happen.  It seems to happen like clockwork. 

But IIRC, EX and TU did list my drop off date correctly - or they didn't list it at all - I know that it did not list the drop off date at 10 years.  Are you pulling a report directly from EX and TU (i.e. your free Annual Credit Report) or through another source?

EQ also states their policy on their website, but of course **sniff, sniff** their policy is to report the discharged CH13's for ten years.

Message 7 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I pulled from annualreport and then also through the dispute sites at various times.  Same 11/14 d/o date for TU and EX.  EQ doesn't list one.  Has the right date of filing, 11/04 has the disposition date of 9/08.  All of that is right.  My last BK related account falls off in Nov too.  I'll have CLEAN reports again (stupid Americredit on EQ only btw).  Ahhhh, what a feeling!  My scores aren't terrible now with 24% util and a bk and one negative on EQ, can't wait till they are gone!

Thanks for the info though!  I guess I'll have to wait and see.....waiting on pins and needles because it's soooooo close! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went and got my Transunion credit report and it states that my bankruptcy public record will be removed 09/2011 !!!!!!!!!!

The only other negative will also be removed 09/2011.

I am feeling pretty good. Will wait until October to get my numbers again.

By the way Equifax policy on removing discharged Chapter 13 is on their website at 7 years after filing:

• Bankruptcy
         - Chapters 7, 11, and non-discharged or dismissed chapters 12 and 13 remain on file for 10 years from the date filed
         - Discharged chapters 12 and 13 remain on file for seven years from the date filed

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/164/noIntercept/1/kw/bankruptcy

If they don't actually do that I guess we can protest since it goes against their stated policy on their own website!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way Equifax policy on removing discharged Chapter 13 is on their website at 7 years after filing:

• Bankruptcy
         - Chapters 7, 11, and non-discharged or dismissed chapters 12 and 13 remain on file for 10 years from the date filed
         - Discharged chapters 12 and 13 remain on file for seven years from the date filed

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/164/noIntercept/1/kw/bankruptcy

If they don't actually do that I guess we can protest since it goes against their stated policy on their own website!

Right.  By all accounts, Equifax has been doing exactly as they claim on their website:

they age off Discharged (completed) CH 13's at 7 years and

they age off Dismissed (uncompleted) CH 13's at 10 years

I wouldn't anticipate any difficulty with them following this process - no one I can recall has had any issues with it.

Congrats on that BK removal next month!  That is awesome!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.