Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapt 7 BK Was Discharged Today !! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapt 7 BK Was Discharged Today !! :)

I have been checking Pacer since Friday and because of the holiday nothing was showing up, I decided to call the autmoated number to check the status of my Chapter 7 BK and it said "Standard Discharge" so then I went to Pacer and looked and it was Discharged today! I'm so glad this is finally over. SO glad I found this site, now on to the rebuilding!! 

How long does it take for scores and stuff to changte in credit reports?  Smiley TongueSmiley TongueSmiley WinkSmiley Wink

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapt 7 BK Was Discharged Today !! :)

Grats! Have a great cruise and check your scores when you get back. Time to start rebuilding! Which ship are you going on?

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats, enjoy the vacation and good luck getting that credit up!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ! ...... We are so ready, my hubby has been working his butt off and is so tired, time to rest now.

Message 4 of 28
padme
Established Contributor

So you are going on a cruise? Gonna spend big $$? I dont know, after i filed, even though i had a few extra bucks, i tried to stay shallow, getting on a budget, staying away from getting any new debts, i mean it was really hard, just to say no. But it was well worth it, 2 years later, no car note almost 50k in limits, and just now i took a vacation. You gotta get some order in your life..

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 28
Pway
Valued Contributor

Awesome congrats on your discharge and have fun on your cruise.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 28
scorpiyo
Valued Member

Congrats. Enjoy the cruise.
Chapter 7 discharge 9/1/15

Starting scores EQ - 571 / TU - 548 / EX - 579
Message 8 of 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been checking Pacer since Friday and because of the holiday nothing was showing up, I decided to call the autmoated number to check the status of my Chapter 7 BK and it said "Standard Discharge" so then I went to Pacer and looked and it was Discharged today! What a great way to start vacation, We are leaving tomorrow night to head to Fl then catching a ship on Sat. I'm so glad this is finally over. SO glad I found this site, now on to the rebuilding!! 

How long does it take for scores and stuff to changte in credit reports?  Smiley TongueSmiley TongueSmiley WinkSmiley Wink

I just put it together with your screen name....  so you filed Ch 7 and are now going on the cruise that you paid for over a year ago.

Thanks for making my morning.  Smiley Wink  You definitely aren't hesitant to broadcast it... I don't think I could.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 28
yoyo
Established Contributor

As soon as it's discharge your report should update within 30 days or less.  My hubby's updated within a week going from "BK filed" to "Bk discharged" ...got approved for three cap one cards 1 week after BK.....My advise is to start rebuilding as soon as possible.

Some people wait until years pass to rebuild after a BK.  Your score probably already dropped so go to the Pre-qualify site for Cap1;...use heavy; pay often and they will be good to you.

Enjoy your trip.....

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.