cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Discharge

tag
Bohannon

Chapter 13 Discharge

Me & my wife filed ch.13 back in 2006...it was discharged back in 2010 ...but on just Transunion is it showing on public record but doesn't say that it is discharged or complete....is it 7yrs for ch13 to stay on your report?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chapter 13 Discharge

@Bohannon wrote:

Me & my wife filed ch.13 back in 2006...it was discharged back in 2010 ...but on just Transunion is it showing on public record but doesn't say that it is discharged or complete....is it 7yrs for ch13 to stay on your report?

Thanks Smiley Happy

7 years from date of filing for Ch 13 

Message 2 of 7
Bohannon

Should i dispute that with a copy of my discharge letter?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I would dispute with that and something showing the file date. The file date is what starts that 7 year clock and could get it off your credit report.

Message 4 of 7
policebox
Contributor

Chapter 13 bankruptcies are reported for 7 years from the date of filing. If you filed in 2006 then the public record should be deleted as it's now obsolete. If your reports list the date of filing as some time in 2006, then you should initiate a dispute with the CRAs, that the public record is too old to be reported. You shouldn't need to send a copy of your BK documents to the CRAs (and I would recommend never sending anything like that to them, as it often doesn't help your dispute, and it can frequently come back to haunt you at a later time).

Message 5 of 7
Bohannon

What is the best letter to send in for that...im sorry im just not very sure with this stuff Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 7
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I have a form letter that my LO gave me if you want a copy. PM me your email and I will send it to you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.