Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Discharge

Yes we did file in 2003 and paid it off in 2006 2 years ahead of the plan, but I think it will be on our CR for 7 years after discharge which will take me into 2013. We have been able to establish a car loan, but it's with very high interest, and a secured credit card, but Our scores are still weak even though we've been paying our bills ontime for 2 years because the bankruptcy weighs us down like a noose...
Message 11 of 32
rwhite59
Established Member

That is so correct, I have been approved for a mortgage all I need is the dischage papers. The contractor is buying my house and I am buying his.
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes we did file in 2003 and paid it off in 2006 2 years ahead of the plan, but I think it will be on our CR for 7 years after discharge which will take me into 2013. We have been able to establish a car loan, but it's with very high interest, and a secured credit card, but Our scores are still weak even though we've been paying our bills ontime for 2 years because the bankruptcy weighs us down like a noose...

your post is a little off-topic from the OP but I wanted to respond to it, so...

Your CH13 stays on for 7 years from date of filing - not discharge - so it will be scheduled to come off in 2010 - that's next year!!  When you pull your credit reports, they will sometimes show you when accounts are scheduled to come off (EX most notably does this on mine).  I am six months out of Ch 13 BK (discharged 2/09), my scores are 717 EQ, 731 TU, and 741 EXP - they've come up a good chunk so far.  It doesn't take that long.  Keep reading these forums - and - keep your chin up!  Smiley Wink.  You're in good company.  (And for heaven's sake, stop talking about nooses.. Winking smiley emoticon)  And congrats on paying it off two years ahead of plan - that takes discipline!

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand this, I was told by my attorney that my scores would go up after the discharge but they are at EX 599 EQ 610 and TU622
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a creditor listed on my report included in the bankruptcy, but the dates are mixed up, they are reporting as new debt as of 2007 but the report says included in the bankruptcy.  I disputed this several times with the credit reporting agencies, but they only say that it was verified even though they report it part of the bankruptcy.  And I have even called the company who say it's my debt.  What's my next step??? because nobody's listening....
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't understand this, I was told by my attorney that my scores would go up after the discharge but they are at EX 599 EQ 610 and TU622

But you were discharged in 2006?  And these scores are from 2009?

Can you share with us where you are getting your scores from?

And where are you pulling your full reports from?

Our scores went up but we did a lot of work - they didn't go up on their own.  We followed a lot of the advice here on the rebuilding forums and we paid a lot of attention to the simulator that comes with the myfico score you can purchase on this site.

Here are a few more pieces of information you might share - people will be able to give you a better idea of what's going on if they know the following:

What other derogatories are on your report (i.e. late payments, etc.)

What other accounts do you have?  How old are they?  What is the CL and the balance?

At this point, I don't believe it's the BK that's keeping your scores down - they can be much higher 3 years after Ch 13 BK discharge.  Shoot a little more detailed info over and lots of experienced folks will let you pick their brains.

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

These scores are from Trans Union, Equifax, Experian,  Thanks for the info on file date and discharge date, it should be off my report by Feb. 2010  That will be the happiest day of my life

Tell me will I have to write them and ask them to take it off, or will it be dropped automatically?

Message 17 of 32
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

g-girl55 wrote:

These scores are from Trans Union, Equifax, Experian....

Unless offered by a lender, and if pulled from the same source, you don't have a FICO score. As of February, it is impossible to pull your EX FICO score from anywhere. You can get your EQ FICO only from your lender, this website, or directly from Equifax.com. And you can only get your TU FICO from your lender, this website, or transunioncs.com (note the -cs at the end). Any other scores from any other source are not FICO scores.
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks g-g.

What site are you pulling your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion scores from?  That will help us know if they are FICO (or Fake-o).  Scores pulled from most sites are not FICO scores and can be substantially different than your real FICO scores.  So, knowing the site will help a ton.  Consumers can't pull Experian FICO's from any site - so if you're pulling scores and are getting an Experian - the site you are pulling from is listing fake (FAKO Smiley Wink )scores.  Let us know who your scores are from - then we can help you know what to do.

If the scores don't fall off automatically, then dispute with the CRA's that they should have aged off. 

In the meantime, pull your scores from myfico.com - you can get a real FICO score for Equifax and TransUnion along with the full reports.  It will also give you a "simulator" that will tell you what specific actions will bring your score up and how long it will take.  It costs a little ($10-$15), but is infinitely better than wondering what your real scores are and how to get them up.  They may, in fact, already be higher than you think - you won't know until you pull your real FICO's.

Edited to say:  Looks like I was posting at the same time as Ilecs.  I'm just a little slower (and evidently a little longer winded)

Message Edited by beamMEup on 08-27-2009 11:50 AM
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gone directly to the free credit report.com which pulled all three credit reporting agencies, then my credit report and score was pulled from a licensed mortgage broker.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.