Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Discharged

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 Discharged

The discharged happened a lot sooner than I thought. I made the last payment on 07/24/2013. On 07/26/2013 we received the DSO paper signed it and then mailed it back to our attorney. On 08/16/2013 we received a refund for $807 for the overpayment. Today I logged on to pacer.gov and see the discharge order in there. What a relief it's finally over.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 Discharged

Woot!  Congrats!

Do a triple pull from www.annualcreditreport.com and make sure everything is reporting right.  I see you got some credit while you were in your 13 from you signature, mind sharing what you have?  I'm working on a BK13 rebuild guide and might be able to give you some pointers.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I have the Discover IT card $2200, Barclay Carnival card $4200 and Capital One(Orchard Bank) card $900.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 3 of 7
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Awesome! We are done in October! I hope ours goes as quickly!

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
creditfox2
Established Member

@Believe1970 wrote:

The discharged happened a lot sooner than I thought. I made the last payment on 07/24/2013. On 07/26/2013 we received the DSO paper signed it and then mailed it back to our attorney. On 08/16/2013 we received a refund for $807 for the overpayment. Today I logged on to pacer.gov and see the discharge order in there. What a relief it's finally over.

Congratulations!!!  I made my last payment on 7/24/13 as well.  I have not heard or received anything from my trustee to date.  I just registered for a pacer.gov account, so I have to wait to receive my login information in the mail.  What is a DSO?  Have you received the actual discharge paperwork from the trustee?  What state do you reside in?  I'm in Indiana, so that may make a difference on the timeline. 

Have you checked your credit report to see if the discharge has been reported?  Any changes in your scores?

Again, congratulations to you.  It's definitely a big load off of you!

Message 5 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Thank you. The DSO is the Domestic Support Obligation. It's for making sure you are current with child support if you are supposed to pay it. I have not received the paper but on the pacer.gov website it does show it's discharged on 08/28/2013 and the letter is on there. I live in NY State. I didn't have to make any calls. After the last payment the trustee ordered my employer to stop the payments, my attorney a day or two later sent the DSO papers and on or about 08/16/2013 the trustee sent us the overpayment we made. I Live in NY State. Thanks again. Congrats to you as well.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 6 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Just got the discharge papers. It's official. Will check the credit reports next.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.