Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 End of plan

tag
Move2013
New Visitor

Chapter 13 End of plan

Hello! We are in OHIO our final Chapter 13 payments went out to creditors on 8/14, can anyone tell me how long it takes to stop our wage order and get discharged? We paid back 100%, actually have a credit balance currently on our trustee account. We desperately need to move form our current (very small) apartment and need some of our BK money to do that. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 End of plan

My suggestion would be to contact your attorney or the trustee clerk/agent assigned to your case.    they will send the deduction order to your employer,  if you are able find out what the fax number to the department it needs to go to - provide that to your trustee clerk/attorney.  that way you don't have to worry about it being held up in the mail.  my trustees office faxed as well as mailed the wage deduction cease order.  my next pay, i felt like i received a raise!  Smiley Happy

there are many factors involved with getting the refund.  they have to reconcile all accounts to ensure everyone has been paid before the check is cut for refund to you!!!  but each state is different so the process may differ.

Congrats on the end to a new beginning!  My 13 was recently completed in June 2013!!!

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 2 of 5
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 End of plan

Hello, I made my last payment on 07/24/2013 about a month earlier than expected. I received the stop wage order letter and the Domestic Support Obligations and Section 522(q) letter in the mail two days later. Mailed the DSO letter back to my attorney and she said that was the last thing we had to do. The 30 day time frame for the creditors to object started on 7/25/2013. Per pacer.gov I'm just awaiting discharge. I did receive a check two days ago for overpaying my plan base. Hope this helps.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 3 of 5
creditfox2
Established Member

I made my last payment to the trustee on 7/24/13 as well, however, I have not heard or received anything from my trustee.  How do you set up an account on pacer.gov?  I'll like to check myself to find out the status.

Message 4 of 5
getback
New Visitor

when does the 21 day object period start? at start of account or when the attorney files for discharge.  I made my final payment on Aug 3.  Hoping to have discharge papers by end of October. Trustee has not filed the Account yet...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.