Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Modification due to a divorce

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 Modification due to a divorce

Good afternoon!  I filed Chapter 13 back in June and the plan was confirmed on Aug 19 and is a 100% payout plan.   I filed by myself.   My wife and I are going thru a divorce it will be be finalized at the beginning of October.   I have been looking around for apartments and looking over my budget and I do not see how I am going to,be able to pay my Chapter 13 payment.   We did not put child support in our divorce because we actually still get along and respect each other and she knows that my money is going to be extremely tight for the next 5 years.   BUT, I am still going to pay her something every month for my kids.   

My quesion, how is the trustee going to calculate my new payment?   Is she going to need a divorce decree showing that I am paying child support or will they just use the standard 20% of my income, which is about what I am going to pay my wife.  

Thanks for any input.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 Modification due to a divorce

Call and ask the trustee.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Modification due to a divorce

I have left 4 messages since Monday and attorney is out of the country until next Thursday. Just thought there might be someone that might know.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.