Established Member
darkknight59

Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears Complete Months Before Discharge

I have been in Chapter 13 since March 2008 and have 6 months remaining!!
Looking at my account, my mortgage arrears will have been made complete by the end of the month.
Since I filed, I have not missed a single payment and am current in that regard.
My question is, what happens to the account status when this balance in arrears is payed complete; however earlier than my actual discharge date?
I would like to start getting credit for my mortgage payments as I work to rebuild.

My account is with Chase and my C13 was filed in Texas.
Established Member
darkknight59

Re: Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears Complete Months Before Discharge

[ Edited ]

Spoke to my attorney yesterday...just have to contact my mortgage holder (Chase) when arrearge complete.

Will be paid complete by end of Sept., and then only 5 months until 60 month plan complete!!

New Contributor
makeupho

Hi, newbie to the boards here. :smileyhappy:

Were you able to get your mortgage company to report your current monthly payments?  I'm curious because my lender just told me today that they see that my arrears was done in late 2011, however, they cannot by law report any payments received from me to any credit bureau until my Ch 13 plan is complete (I have 12 months left).  Any info you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Starting 2/16/2013: EQ673 TU667
Current 5/20/2014: EX638 EQ654 TU682
Goal: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
darkknight59

No, they said they would do nothing until i recieve discharged status. My plan was payed in full on 2.13.13, and my status is now "completed", and eligible for discharge.

Had to visit my attorney yesterday to sign paperwork to have motion to discharge. My attorney say's we should receive the discharge within 30 -60 days.

So now we wait, but still happy to have this completed!! Even getting a check back from the Trustee!

New Contributor
makeupho

Thank you for the info, and a huge congratulations to you!!!

Starting 2/16/2013: EQ673 TU667
Current 5/20/2014: EX638 EQ654 TU682
Goal: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+