Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears Complete Months Before Discharge

I have been in Chapter 13 since March 2008 and have 6 months remaining!!
Looking at my account, my mortgage arrears will have been made complete by the end of the month.
Since I filed, I have not missed a single payment and am current in that regard.
My question is, what happens to the account status when this balance in arrears is payed complete; however earlier than my actual discharge date?
I would like to start getting credit for my mortgage payments as I work to rebuild.

My account is with Chase and my C13 was filed in Texas.

NASA 25K LOC NFCU 15kLOC 256,950 Rev Limit.
Regular Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears Complete Months Before Discharge

[ Edited ]

Spoke to my attorney yesterday...just have to contact my mortgage holder (Chase) when arrearge complete.

Will be paid complete by end of Sept., and then only 5 months until 60 month plan complete!!

New Contributor

Hi, newbie to the boards here. :smileyhappy:

Were you able to get your mortgage company to report your current monthly payments?  I'm curious because my lender just told me today that they see that my arrears was done in late 2011, however, they cannot by law report any payments received from me to any credit bureau until my Ch 13 plan is complete (I have 12 months left).  Any info you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ch13 filed 3/2009 : discharged 1/2014
Starting 2/16/2013:
EQ673 TU667
Current 12/30/2014: EX676 EQ684 TU668
Goal: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

No, they said they would do nothing until i recieve discharged status. My plan was payed in full on 2.13.13, and my status is now "completed", and eligible for discharge.

Had to visit my attorney yesterday to sign paperwork to have motion to discharge. My attorney say's we should receive the discharge within 30 -60 days.

So now we wait, but still happy to have this completed!! Even getting a check back from the Trustee!

New Contributor

Thank you for the info, and a huge congratulations to you!!!

Ch13 filed 3/2009 : discharged 1/2014
Starting 2/16/2013:
EQ673 TU667
Current 12/30/2014: EX676 EQ684 TU668
Goal: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.