Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Contributor

Chapter 13 after marriage change?

hey all

I recently filed chapter 7 and my meeting is July 20.  My fiance and I are getting married in August and she is going to file.  She cannot do 7 as her father had his house in her name and 5 years ago she quick deeded it back to him.  I guess the limitations on that is 7 years or else they would go after that house.  So long story short she is going to file Chapter 13.  The question is, if she files Chapter 13 today with her income, etc it comes out to a realistic payment for her.  But what happens in a coupls months when we get married?

Does the system look at that and redo the income?  

Thanks for any insight.

Starting FICO June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521

Filed C7 Bankruptcy 7 File: June 17 2017

Meeting of Creditors: July 20 2017 - COMPLETE

Discharge: ?
Valued Member

Re: Chapter 13 after marriage change?

C_DUBYA wrote:

hey all

I recently filed chapter 7 and my meeting is July 20.  My fiance and I are getting married in August and she is going to file.  She cannot do 7 as her father had his house in her name and 5 years ago she quick deeded it back to him.  I guess the limitations on that is 7 years or else they would go after that house.  So long story short she is going to file Chapter 13.  The question is, if she files Chapter 13 today with her income, etc it comes out to a realistic payment for her.  But what happens in a coupls months when we get married?

Does the system look at that and redo the income?  

Thanks for any insight.

I believe the trustee can review your account at anytime.  They will also require your tax filings every year thought they might not take your refund.  If they see an increase income they might request a modification to the plan.

Regular Contributor

Once you are married it will go off joint income atleast mine did. I got married then had to file chapter 13 about 4 months after. Because I was married they used his income plus mine. The attorney told me that if I had filed before I got married I would have qualified for chapter 7 but because I had my husbands income I had to do the 13. He was not included in the 13 only his income was factored in.

Contributor

Thanks all.  So it seems like if the trustee looks later it would show, but otherwise it wont auto change.  Thanks for input.

Starting FICO June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521

Filed C7 Bankruptcy 7 File: June 17 2017

Meeting of Creditors: July 20 2017 - COMPLETE

Discharge: ?
Valued Member

C_DUBYA wrote:

Thanks all.  So it seems like if the trustee looks later it would show, but otherwise it wont auto change.  Thanks for input.

It might never change it all really depends on the trustee some are more strict than others.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.