cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 - awaiting discharge

tag
LHart47453

Chapter 13 - awaiting discharge

Finally made the last payment on my chapter 13 plan in February 2008, and awaiting the discharge. I have done some checking on my credit report and have read the various threads on the boards, and have a better understanding but still have a couple of quick (I hope) questions. 1. My accounts have the IIB notation, but some have balances showing on the account. When should the balances be shown as 0? When the discharge is recorded? I am thinking that is the case, since technically they are not erased til then, but I want to be sure that I react properly. 2. I have some accounts shown in collections (small medical bills). These were included in the bankruptcy and are noted as IIB, but still show balances, and still show as collections. Same as question 1, but additionally, should these be in the collection category? Or again, is that something that should change after discharge? 3. I have 2 real estate mortgages, and 2 car loans showing on the report. One of the mortgage accounts, and one of the car loans continued to be reported to the bureaus (accurately, as being paid on time) during the bankruptcy. However, the 2nd mortgage, and the other car loan haven't reported since I filed for the bankruptcy, so 3 years of consistent payments aren't acknowledged in my report, and I am thinking that is detrimental to my report and/or scoring. Can the fact that the creditors didn't report be disputed? Any advice is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 - awaiting discharge

Once you are dischaged officially (since february????? , ouch)  then you need to redispute as IIB and give the discharge date.  It should update all of the balances showing to zero.

You can call the creditors and request that all the accounts be reported after discharge (mortgages and cars)  but they have the right to not report anything included in BK  so you might not be successful. 

As to the collection, they should also show IIB/zero balance but can still show as collection acccounts.  I have been successful with gw letter asking them to be removed as they can't collect on them anyway.  You might try that.

Message Edited by granny031350 on 05-11-2008 11:47 AM
Message 2 of 4
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Granny031350 did you see an increase with your discharge? Did you also hit 662 wEQ and got stuck there for a while?
700 Club Member
Message 3 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

I haven't received my discharge yet.  My last payment is in Oct but have been told by the trustee's office that should be in place by December/January.

GL to you.

I hope my score goes up Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.